Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shared room and not so good conditions

Options
  • 30-03-2009 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

My ex just moved into a new apartment shared by 4 girls and she's not happy about the fact that she has to wake up 1hour early to be able to have a hot water, she has to wake up early to turn on the heating engine.

She's just moved in and she's willing to move out if they don't fix the problem (if you have any advice on this, let me know) she wasn't provided with any contract and, she is willing to move out. However, when she moved in, the person that was leaving, had to find someone (which luckily was my ex) to be able to obtain the deposit from the landlord. Is there any law that restricts her from moving out without finding a replacement first and still be able to obtain the deposit she paid?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

gagomes wrote: »
    My ex just moved into a new apartment shared by 4 girls and she's not happy about the fact that she has to wake up 1hour early to be able to have a hot water, she has to wake up early to turn on the heating engine.

She's just moved in and she's willing to move out if they don't fix the problem (if you have any advice on this, let me know) she wasn't provided with any contract and, she is willing to move out. However, when she moved in, the person that was leaving, had to find someone (which luckily was my ex) to be able to obtain the deposit from the landlord. Is there any law that restricts her from moving out without finding a replacement first and still be able to obtain the deposit she paid?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

by heating engine i persume you mean she has to get up to switch on the immersion,
    1) why dosent she leave the immersion on for an hour or two at night before going to bed to heat the water for the morning
    2) if the other girls are up first and using all the water then ask them to switch on the immersion so it will be hot again by the time your girfriend gets up
    3) Does the immersion/heating have a timer setting facility at all or is it just broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭gagomes

Thanks Jack,

Unfortunately she's the first one to wake up in that flat and the engine is so old that it doesn't have timer...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

A timer is easy to fit and cost less than €100.

Advertisement