Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

decent place to get car service

Options
  • 30-03-2009 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

hi guys
    where in galway is the best place to get a car serviced that wont cost a fortune ?? and that are geniune the last time i did it got ripped off
    thanks for any advice in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I know some people that work up in Galway Car Service Centre and they're genuinly good mechanics. Can't speak for the business practise though as i've never handed a car into a garage but their staff are good

They've moved up to Doughiska recently, right beside Lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

I used to use Kilduffs in Nuns Island opposite the Bish. I was very happy with them - thorough, careful and reasonable. I have a car in warranty now so I have to go to main dealer but I would not hesitate to use them again. Several of my friends are still using them. Its very handy if you work in town - drop off in the morning and collect in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

To second JohnCleary, I've used http://www.galwaycarservicecentre.ie/ twice now, and both times was pretty happy with the service. Not sure if they still do it, but they had an early bird discount last time I had it done, 15% off if you had it in before 8am (or something like that).
    Just as an alternative, Nissan Windsor on the old monivea road near the Clayton Hotel are doing all makes/models for €189 according to their advert out the front...might be worth a look? Thinking of heading there myself next time, poor Micra is giving occasional death rattle :(
    lamps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Got a service at Kilduff's on Nun's Island last week (after reading a recommendation on an old thread). €150 euros for a full service, there was nothing in particular wrong with the car but I think its a reasonable price.

Advertisement