Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something I don't understand.

Options
  • 30-03-2009 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

I was thinking.... We're in the deep sheet now and the budget is due next week... I was reflecting on the fook ups over oer the past while, and one sticks out in cash terms (for me) massively.

That is the buy back of the M50 Toll bridge for 600+ million..

If there is NO intention of stopping the tolling, then WHY are we paying thru our taxes for this, plus the tolls which do not go down, only up ????

My maths is bad, but how long would we have to wait to see this as a total revenue generator ? And, given the financial shortfalls, would not 600 million go a little way in dissipating the doom that is expected in the budget ?

My point is that this would not be asset stripping any more than we parted our cheeks for ntr in the first place and the fiscal difference between Ireland Inc billing the punter, or ntr / whomever billing the punter is purely semantic..

fbp

Advertisement