Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case for iPhone with magnetic catch

Options
  • 30-03-2009 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

I'm considering buying a case for my iPhone similar to the Blackberry cases you see everywhere with the magnetic catches. Has anyone any experience of using one with their iPhone?

There is talk on some sites of problems caused to the iPhone by the magnet and I'd like to be sure :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

CivilEx wrote: »
    I'm considering buying a case for my iPhone similar to the Blackberry cases you see everywhere with the magnetic catches. Has anyone any experience of using one with their iPhone?

There is talk on some sites of problems caused to the iPhone by the magnet and I'd like to be sure :)

Would you mind linking to the holder you are thinking of as I'd be interested in one with a magnetic catch myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Victor_M wrote: »
    Would you mind linking to the holder you are thinking of as I'd be interested in one with a magnetic catch myself.

Something a bit like this site - have never bought anything there, but that style

L11465351.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

not just the iphone, every device with a speaker in it can be damaged by a magnet, it's unlikely due to the magnets being weak inside the cases but still it can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

You can get cases on eBay that close using a catch..belt clip I think they call them. Is there a size difference between 1st and 2g iPod touch? I just got one and lookingfor same style case but some sellers on eBay don't specify which version.I've asked sellers but you haven't gotten straight answer yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I can't imagine the magnet is powerful enough to do any damage. That said I wouldn't try the theory myself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement