Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Programming

Options
  • 30-03-2009 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have a son hoping to get into LIT next year and he is in a level 5 course in Limerick Senior College which allows transfer. He is having serious difficulty with the programming module and reckons that a fail is on the cards. He say the teacher is rubbish so is ther any whizz out there at programming who would be will to dig this lad out. I don't know 'jack s' about programming.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

What programming language is he using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Tell him to post his assignment up here - if he gets most of the marks for the assignment then a fail is almost impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭pdelahunty

Honestly with programming the teacher has little to do with it. Either you get it or you don't. When working you won't have a teacher and will be expected to change languages whenever a new language comes out that your company wants to use. I would advise not to study programming if you are already having problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭chriz

Im doing a level 5 course as well im doing object oriented programing if i fail this module i fail the year and wont get my cert, programming is a bit confusing but if you pay attention you will get it. Maybe your son is doing the same module as me in which case i might be able help im no expert but ive done my assignments no prob he should post his assignment here and we can try and help him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Raymond Laffan

Actually My son is doing the Computer Course in Limerick Senior College, he had his grant stopped for the past 2 month for no good reason and He is pissed off of the course now. I lost my job so am having hard time supporting him. he gave up the ghost on the course last week so thanks for all your replies. He concentrating on getting his maths that he failed last year and going for a totally differen course lie renewable energy in LIT. He will have 265 points if he passes but I ecpect a big rise in points so I dont know what he will get with that :P. Thanks for all your help and interest but I guess that its over to him now whatever happens, he should get something like a level 6 with his points I hope.

Regards
    Ray

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

well. As your man said above, you either get programming or you don't... I'd say roughly 80% of my course had(and still have even though we just finished the course) problems with programming. I've always found it easy but thats the thing, I can program but I'm useless at other things like essays and the like!!! If he's having problems with it then definitely change. Most of my classmates wish they did so in 1st year. They effectively wasted 4 years! And 265 points should be enough I'd imagine? I got into my level 8 course with 295?

Advertisement