Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Synchronising Gmail & Hotmail ?

• 30-03-2009 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Is there any way to synchornise both hotmail & gmail ?

I have a hotmail address since before MS took it over, but would like to be able to pick it up through my mobile device, have the same address at gmail.

Any tips or tools ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tpotter

I don't know if this works with Hotmail, but gmail lets you automatically forward you mail to another account. So, you could set you mail to all forward to one specific account, to consolidate it.

If you can, forwarding the mail to gmail would be your best bet, because then you can check it using a mail management program.

One of the many problems with hotmail is that it makes you use the web interface, so you can't use a mail management program, like outlook or thunderbird. I think you can pay Microsoft for an upgrade, but that is unnecessary for an email account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You can't use Hotmail with Outlook Express, but you are able to use it with Outlook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

It is possible to read your Hotmail directly from gmail now, because hotmail has enabled POP access to their mailboxes. It's what I do - I don't use my old hotmail account anymore, but I do have gmail checking it for messages, which it auto downloads.

This link will be of interest to you.
    Hotmail from Gmail

Advertisement