Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reserves - Sticky Idea

Options
  • 30-03-2009 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just an idea as it's something I'm trying to find myself in the 80 odd pages of the massive thread with limited luck. Might be worth stickying of people think it's a good idea.

What work are the Garda Reserve involved in?

What sort of shifts do the reserves work?

What powers do the Reserves have, eg stop/search/arrest etc

Do reserves work together as well as with full-time members?

Any FAQs? Add below:...

I know all this info is probably buried elsewhere but it may be a good idea to have this here as a reference and add to it as this sort of thing comes up all the time. As someone provides the answers, the original post can be edited.

If this is a bad idea - or indeed if im stepping on the mods' size-11's - then delete away.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Not at all. Good suggestion but the Garda Reserve section of the Garda website actually answers some of your questions. I'll check the links section to make sure it's current. If enough people are interested, I'll request a separate sub-forum for the Garda Reserve, but it might not be too busy because funding is tight for training at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

I think it's a great idea.

There is a lot of information on Garda.ie but as anyone who works in any system knows, there's a difference between what management say goes on and what really happens on the ground.

How many times have we all sat in meetings or training sessions nodding our heads at the beautiful powerpoint presentation knowing full well that it's bulls**t from start to finish, go outside the door and everyone goes "yeah, like that's how it works!:rolleyes:"

So, it would be great to have real answers to the FAQ's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

psni wrote: »
    Not at all. Good suggestion but the Garda Reserve section of the Garda website actually answers some of your questions. I'll check the links section to make sure it's current. If enough people are interested, I'll request a separate sub-forum for the Garda Reserve, but it might not be too busy because funding is tight for training at the minute.

Cheers ;)

A subforum would be good, but it may not be busy as you said. Although of course with fulltime stopped, free labour will never be turned down :P

Either way, I think a stickied "FAQ" topic is badly needed. Same goes for the fulltime AGS to be honest. Leave them open, so people can ask specific questions but not chat about them - leave that to the other threads.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Good points indeed. You're not the first to mention AGS either. I'll round up the other mods and see what we can come up with. Watch this space!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement