Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Oral Tomorrow!!!!

Options
  • 30-03-2009 6:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

i was wondering how the examiners go about bringing in the world issues like unemployment ,the bank scandal, recession, racism, environment, etc.....

also can you get an A1 in french without engaging in conversation regarding the world problems?

if anyone has done it this week please give me an insight. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

It really depends on the examiner you get. My examiner told us all straight out, she won't ask us anything not on the syllabus unless we choose to bring it up ourself. That seems to be their instructions. The recession, etc isn't on the syllabus, so unless you bring it up on your own accord, you might not have to talk about it.

As for if it's possible, of course it is. If its not on the syllabus, then you'd hardly be required to know it to get an A1

Bon Chance!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

It really depends on the examiner you get. My examiner told us all straight out, she won't ask us anything not on the syllabus unless we choose to bring it up ourself. That seems to be their instructions. The recession, etc isn't on the syllabus, so unless you bring it up on your own accord, you might not have to talk about it.

As for if it's possible, of course it is. If its not on the syllabus, then you'd hardly be required to know it to get an A1

Bon Chance!

merci beaucoup

Advertisement