Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drama society

Options
  • 30-03-2009 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

Is anyone here involved with the drama society or know anything about it? I've heard they're putting on a production in Rent next February and want to get involved but can't find any info about where/when they meet. I meant to join at the start of the year but missed the sign up day... Typical. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

they are one of the bigger socs so it should not be to hard to find

http://www.socs.dit.ie/ ( is the website to use for all info on dit socs )

drama@socs.dit.ie is their email .
    http://www.bebo.com/ditdrama

but if your based near dit aungier street, best to just go into the socs office and ask for the details
    of someone on the commitee, or even just ask if there are any drama soc people around.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ditmature

Is anyone here involved with the drama society or know anything about it? I've heard they're putting on a production in Rent next February and want to get involved but can't find any info about where/when they meet. I meant to join at the start of the year but missed the sign up day... Typical. :rolleyes:

Hi Futurecrook,

If you're based on the Northside, you can also go into Teri's office in DIT Mountjoy Square - she can give you some contact details, or just about any of the SU offices will have them as well. Ian Mullin, last year's president, is now the DITSU Bolton St Convenor, so he should be a good source of information too.

They have a gmail address too - ditdrama@gmail.com - but I'm not sure how well it's monitored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭drogbaa

I heard Ian Mullin had stepped down as Bolton St Convenor - it could just be the highly inefficient DIT rumour mill though.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Cool thanks. I'm based over in Rathmines and I don't know, maybe it's just me, but we all seem to be rather clueless as to what goes on in the rest of DIT. I know we finally have a SU office on our campus now but I've rarely seen anyone in there at the times I'm in due to my unusual college hours this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dramabob

Hah!

I work out the back in the portacabins. I'm also known as "ditmature" - the DIT Mature Student Support Officer :)

Bob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

drogbaa wrote: »
    I heard Ian Mullin had stepped down as Bolton St Convenor - it could just be the highly inefficient DIT rumour mill though.:confused:

It may be true - in his course at this moment, the workload is immense, students are in college from 9 a.m to 9 p.m, four days a week. They are under pressure from lecturers and industry to produce good quality work, so I guess it is more important for them to knuckle down rather than get involved in something that some other students are capable of doing.

However, I must say in Ian's defence, there's only one Ian Mullin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

dramabob wrote: »
    Hah!

I work out the back in the portacabins. I'm also known as "ditmature" - the DIT Mature Student Support Officer :)

Bob

*looks suspiciously at dramabob*

I thought you worked in DCU?

*runs away to the musicals forum where she actually knows what's going on*

• Registered Users Posts: 8 the_donkey

Hi folks,

Gav here current President of the DIT Drama soc. the bulk of our activity has wound down now until september. The musical production will be happening the following academic year now in order to bring in a program of workshops on musicals next year and train us 1st timers up on doing musicals. But none the less we will be on stage even more next year.

if you have any queries just send them onto ditdrama@gmail.com. they are seens and the email is checked a few times a day. Lisa Corrigan will be taking over from me at the end of June and we're both glad to hear about people wanting to get involved next year. For the guy from Rathmines, I was there in November to recruit members, don't know if you were one of them, but anyone in Rathmines who signs up to drama currently gets registered with the site drama society in Aungier St, you should be getting emails from Aungier st committee.

Any other Questions give us all a shout!

Gav

Advertisement