Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the best Email Client for Nokia E71

• 30-03-2009 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi all,

Just wondering what people recommend as a good email client for nokia E71, that supports exchange server.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Simond wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering what people recommend as a good email client for nokia E71, that supports exchange server.

Thanks

Mail for Exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Simond

Thanks, I have tried mail for exchange, but am looking for something a bit for fancier! Maybe that supports rich html etc,

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

You've got a choice of mail for exchange (mfe) which comes on the phone, Seven mail and Roadsync.

I looked at Seven and it works very well. The only problem I have with it is that the seven servers must be up and running for you to get your mail. When they are it works very well but I don't like relying on yet another maill server to get my mail.

Roadsync is a very good client. If the server is 2007 then you get full html mail as well, server search and syncing of other folders. I don't like Dataviz as a company but I can't fault the application.

Simond wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

Do uou mind me asking if there is a programme that allows push email without having to use 3mail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

This is a trial/beta service from Nokia (i.e. its not the built in e-mail client) They plan to run it as premium service in the near future I think, hopefully not too soon.

email.nokia.com

I've been using it for a few months now on my E71, its pretty good. Doesn't handle html emails which is a shame, but neither do any other S60 e-mail clients I've used.

I have this service setup with three gmail accounts including a .com and .ie as well as my yahoo e-mail. All you got to do to configure is supply the e-mail address and password and the service takes care of the Imap/pop settings.

The Google S60 Gmail app it pretty good now itself, you can get it to run with multiple gmail accounts also but the Nokia one is better integration with Contacts on the phone. One plus for the Google one (not surprisingly) is the Search feature.

Edit: Sorry I missed the Whole Exchange thing......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

The nokia one is grand, thanks for that. Have they mentioned expected pricing for it yet?

Advertisement