Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Dj Decks

Options
  • 30-03-2009 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi i was thinking of buying some dj decks to connect through my laptop. I haven't got much cash to spend at the mo but i was looking at either the
    BEHRINGER BCD-3000

or
    NUMARK TOTAL CONTROL
    or
    HERCULES DJ CONSOLE TRAKTOR
    (all of these are on http://www.thomann.de)

Any reviews or opinions on any of the above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I haven't got much cash to spend at the mo
    Whats your budget?
    Do you have any equipment already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭bandybanter

Op here. Around €200. Could i get something decent for that?
    All i have so far is laptop and tracktor software. Is there any other essentials i should be looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I got the Numark TC the other day. 170, but you'll need an external audio most probably, another 90-100 for the Numark DJ IO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭bandybanter

What exaclty is this piece of equipment. I am fairly tech savvy wit computers so if you could give me a general that would be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The IO? Its a sound card essentially, but a very good one. Its low latency, outputs dual channel RCA(Needed to preview, otherwise you can just throw away your headphones) mic input(its only through though, you need a powered mic/pre amp), USB powered.

The TC, as you probably know is just a physical form of the software on screen, the knob on screen becomes a knob in "the real world".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

If you can, save up and get the M-Audio Torq Xponent - its worth it, trust me...

I had the Hercules and the BCD2000 before it and there is no comparison

Advertisement