Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Broadband

Options
  • 30-03-2009 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

which provider has the best broadband for gaming on the ps3??

thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Misticles wrote: »
    which provider has the best broadband for gaming on the ps3??

thanks

Well.....for gaming you will really need a good fixed line. I would say Magnet or Smart or UPC off the top of my head. Where do you live?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

smart is a no no!!! had bad trouble with them.
    I have sky tv, can ya still get upc??

smart is a no no!!! had bad trouble with them.

It really all depends on where you live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

If you want to keep your Sky and UPC is available to you they'll charge you an addtional €6 per month to take their broadband without a t.v. package.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

thats not too bad.
    its a shame ya cant use the portable internet like 3 for gaming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

As has been said depends on your area. I'm in the saggart/rathcoole area and have BT. Have it over 1 year now and have PS3 since Jan'08. PS3 gaming is fine with it. Have my own Linksys wireless router and the bog std BT wired modem. Play approx 20 Hours per week online gaming and everything is grand. Have the 3Mb package as the Ping's can get quite high on the bigger packages which can affect gaming lag. Other than that all is well. Hope it helps.

W

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    As has been said depends on your area. I'm in the saggart/rathcoole area and have BT. Have it over 1 year now and have PS3 since Jan'08. PS3 gaming is fine with it. Have my own Linksys wireless router and the bog std BT wired modem. Play approx 20 Hours per week online gaming and everything is grand. Have the 3Mb package as the Ping's can get quite high on the bigger packages which can affect gaming lag. Other than that all is well. Hope it helps.

W

Does anyone know why the ping is or tends to be higher on the faster eircom/WLR packages. Its been reported a few time but i dont know if its true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭tazire

high interleaving on the line causes it. if u downgrade to 3mb its usually fine. or u could change to a adsl2 provider like magnet smart or bt. bt are the cheapest but u get wat u pay for. bt have rediculous fairusage policy. in terms of gaming bt would be fine. ive had it for few months now and when i wasnt throttled its been perfect. but like i said not really suitable if u download alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

thats not too bad.
    its a shame ya cant use the portable internet like 3 for gaming
    You can, and I do regularally. The ping is.. a little high, but definetly playtime, especially after 10.

Advertisement