Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clock on phone

• 30-03-2009 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

Ever since the clock went forward on Saturday, my received messages are showin up as received an hour behind the actual time.

I have my clock set to the right time and i checked that the people textin me do.

But its still comin up an hour behind?

Anyone know how I can fix this or whats wrong with it?

I updated the time myself, wasnt done automatically.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Misticles wrote: »
    Ever since the clock went forward on Saturday, my received messages are showin up as received an hour behind the actual time.

I have my clock set to the right time and i checked that the people textin me do.

But its still comin up an hour behind?

Anyone know how I can fix this or whats wrong with it?

I updated the time myself, wasnt done automatically.

Same with my phone so wondering if there's a way to fix it too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I've noticed this occurs with Sony Ericsson handsets. Just set the Time Zone to GMT+1.00h, leave the time at the current time and this should resolve the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

i know that would solve it, but it will still annoy me as to why its happening :D

my handset is nokia.

edit : fixed it there. I set it back to the old time, theres an option for daylight saving, i selected the +1hr option..

what to do when the clock goes back (no -1 option) :D figured that too, just set it to +ohrs and the hour comes off :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Or just set the phone to "Auto-update of time" and you won't have to do anything at all. I've travelled across time zones and have witnessed many daylight saving changes and had never had to manualy configure it on my Nokia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Awesome smartness :D Watched to much Dara O'Brien last night :pac:
    blaz wrote: »
    Or just set the phone to "Auto-update of time" and you won't have to do anything at all. I've travelled across time zones and have witnessed many daylight saving changes and had never had to manualy configure it on my Nokia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

it was originally set to manual update.
    hence the kafuffle with the times :D

Advertisement