Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Techno Dj & Producer From Dublin

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Not really my type of Tecno so I can't be of any help there, but advice I would give you is get a SoundClound account - seems to be what all the producers are using these days.

Also, trying to ages to download your minimal set - megaupload is pants, try to use Rapidshare.com etc also, give downloads the option. Example: I work in a company of 100+ - I can never download from megaupload as imevitably someone in the comapny has exceeded the download limit on the IP.

Your minimal mix tracklisting looks good I'll give it a listen when I get home
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

**** have you met CL?? He's imo the best techno DJ about, well Sven Vath too...

Also listening to Unpredictable 2008 and loving it!!

Have you any mixes? send me them :)

That's exactly the sort of techno I am into.

edit: Can I suggest also not to be doing a 3rd person view write up as it's cheesey out. My personal opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Yeah that's good Techno none of this Tech House nonsense, full on Techno is what it's at nice one.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Wont get a chance to listen til I get home but judging by the tracklisting on your mix its right up my street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DjSeanyC

Cheers for the replys lads:D

Does any off yez know how to get into club Djing cause I'v bin emailing clubs and organisers and not getting any replys???

Jay D theres about 4 mixes with tracklistings in my Bebo blog if ya want a few mixes,

Thanks

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Dj'ing in Dublin is tricky - its a very clicky industry and slots are usually given to mates etc - you need to get out there and network - go to gigs, get to know the other DJ's and promoters. There are far more Dj's than gigs in Dublin.

If I were you I'd consider a new name. "DJ Seany C" sounds like someone who plays teenage disco's in Offaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Zascar wrote: »
    If I were you I'd consider a new name. "DJ Seany C" sounds like someone who plays teenage disco's in Offaly.
    Yeah I'd definitely agree wit dat bud!

Good thread here if you're looking for good DJ names........
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055481845

Ye man I dropped that handle ages ago just never changed it on this but will do..

I went out to a few clubs n met organisers and djs but always got unfulfilled promises so I thinks Il have to stick to producing tracks at the moment and see where that gets me..

Cheers

Did not mean to offend in any way OP, but to me anyone who calls themselves "DJ [anything]" I just could not take them seriously.

Also try getting on more of the forums and hook up with other producers, another good way to network and you can get gigs via that avenue etc.

na man no offence taken I no where yer coming from with that I don't like handles I just think there cheesy

anything i release is released under Sean Corcoran (no Dj) but on stuff like bebo and myspace I stick it in just so people know that the profile is gonna music orientated n not just a profile about me ya know:D..

• Advertisement
Advertisement