Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DKIT SU Elections

Options
  • 30-03-2009 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

As the elections is only a few days away , I shall be voting to keep both Luke and Subhash in the student union and would like to encourage everyone to vote !!!! Please discuss if you guys wish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

So the idea to extend the tenure from 2 years max to 3 years max was just to give Luke and Subhash another year? I would have thought it wouldn't have been allowed to apply to them as they started there 2nd term knowing it should be there last.

Not complaining or anything I think they've done a good job apart from entertainment but I reckon after 2 years someone fresh should be given the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 22moomoo

Before I go any further I am a Luke and Subhash supporter.

A freshening up of things in the Union would always be a good idea, but really when you look at the candidates there is not much to shout about. Johnny is the only one who has a bit of a head on his shoulders - obviously luke and subhash too. The other candidates for both prez and vice are loose cannons, do we really want chancers running the union.

I would also have no problem with the current officers being re-elected because at the end of the day if the students don't think they have done a good job they should not vote for them.

People can be fickle however and t-shirts mean votes!! One thing is for sure, everyone must vote.

I agree with you fully, I'm been around the college for a long time and luke and subhash have been the best su I've seen so far.

They have proved themselves to be much more professional and organised than anyone else.

And I agree no other candidate truly stands out as being better than them.

My gripe really was that at the end of the day t-shirts do sell votes and it is in fact a popularity contest in reality. I have rarely talked to anyone who didn't know the person they voted for.

And because of this I reckon giving them 3 years is too much as it doesn't give anyone new a chance.

However after saying that I do agree with you that Luke and Subhash are probably the best candidates for the professional, organized running of the sU

*Entertainment has been seriously poor from them though, the great College Balls of the past are only a fading memory in my brain now..:( :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Aikon2009

I am in second year so only have been used to luke and subhash and I will be voting from them again as they didnt handle anything badly.
    I know maybe the entertainment is not always great with the balls always in silence but that issue was cleared up RAG week and that’s why the paddy’s ball was in Ardee, but I don’t see why a ball in luna is the same price as one in silence as they were are no transport cost for any balls in silence.Also the other candidates don’t seem great most of what they have proposed won’t happen anyway like getting rid of the clampers wouldn’t, tough its better than last year when only one person went up against them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Elections on today !!!

Vote Luke and Subash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 22moomoo

as far as i know Luke and Subhash won the elections for prez and vice - no word of what the final count is.

22moomoo wrote: »
    as far as i know Luke and Subhash won the elections for prez and vice - no word of what the final count is.

no surprise there then :eek:

Advertisement