Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question B English: letter about health service

Options
  • 30-03-2009 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Write a letter to the editor of a magazine outlining your views on the present health service.

possible topics anyone?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

I reckon it would be easier to write a letter of praise than of complaint..
    Personally I'd lean the letter more in the direction of you being happy with the extent of which the hse has come in providing help/utilities for the people of ireland..
    mentioning **** like:
    medical cards...
    utilising modern technology and discoveries in science
    helplines available for quitting smoking/depression
    etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

We wrote: »
    Personally I'd lean the letter more in the direction of you being happy with the extent of which the hse has come in providing help/utilities for the people of ireland..
    mentioning **** like:
    medical cards...
    etc..

Thanks for your help, will do that.

I hope you don't believe that yourself, if so, FFS!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

We wrote: »
    mentioning **** like:
    medical cards...
    etc..

A typical fianna failer.

Utilising modern technology and discoveries in science weighted against the harsh reality of patients waiting on corridors on trolleys for a bed? I think we all know where the priority would lie.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

My previous post in no way represents my personal beliefs or political standing. In fact, I have no idea, if I was to associate myself with one, which party most reflects my ideals and thus your argument is void.

Also, my only intention was to provide the OP with ideas(for which he was grateful :p ) of an essay topics that would be simple enough to write on.
    Personally, in English exam questions like this, often I write not what I believe to be the truth, but what I feel is not only the easiest to write about, but an opinion that is the easiest to justify also.

So please, don't try and put me in a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭steven22

Outline the plight cystic fibrosis sufferers have to go through every time they go into hospital, and i don't think it would be a praising letter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement