Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customs and Social Welfare Checkpoint on B'Collig Bypass

Options
  • 30-03-2009 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Saw there was a big customs and social welfare checkpoint on the Ballincollig bypass today at about 1230. Just at the start of it by the Bandon roundabout. It was huge, over 20 people stopping cars in both directions.

So did many people get caught out? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭*Derek*

Brianb8802 wrote: »
    Saw there was a big customs and social welfare checkpoint on the Ballincollig bypass today at about 1230. Just at the start of it by the Bandon roundabout. It was huge, over 20 people stopping cars in both directions.

What were they checking and d'ont say customs and social welfare lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭ajsp.

Brianb8802 wrote: »

Yes they have been there a few times since the start of the year and outside the dump too. They check everything, tax,insurance,nct and diesel cars for green fuel etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

There's a crackdown on owners avoiding VRT at the moment - thread running on the subject in the Motors Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

Hi ned78 - u couldnt point me towards that forum in motors could you? Im still trying to work my way away round the site - cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

corklad32 wrote: »
    Hi ned78 - u couldnt point me towards that forum in motors could you? Im still trying to work my way away round the site - cheers
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055523521

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

Thanks kippy - star!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

i passed one by the dump about two weeks ago. they had 3 or 4 with non irish reg pulled over and they were testing for green diesel on vans.

Advertisement