Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a Sky HD UK Subscription in Ireland

Options
  • 30-03-2009 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Just wondering if I subscribe to a UK Sky HD package with my parents Northern address, will the box and card work if I move them to my home in Donegal?

I've got a Sky dish and cabling in my home already from a previous Sky subscription I used to have in Donegal, so I think its just a matter of plugging in the new box.

The only issue I can think of is possibly having to take the box and card back to the northern address to plug into the phone line once in a while, this wouldn't be a big prob.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭kilasser

It will work with no problems in Donegal; just don’t plug it in to the phone line in Donegal. There is really no need to ever bring it back to your parent to plug in to their phone line. The only boxes sky insist are connected to the phone line are multiroom boxes. Hope this helps and good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Putty Man

Thanks kilasser.

Just wanted to check it would work, before signing up to a 12 month contract.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

If you haven't had Sky+ or Sky+HD before, you may need an extra cable coming from dish to whatever room you plan putting HD box into (these boxes need two cables from dish to room, unlike basic Sky boxes).

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Won't you have to keep the new box connected to an active phoneline for 12months as per skys terms for subsidised equipment. Don't think the North has the fee to exempt you from this.
    Only talking about New Customers not Multiroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 activ8

Hi not sure if I'm in the right area (noob) but I'm a UK HD subscriber but have no problems viewing in Ireland (just like the of thousands of other people, have you ever been to Spain or Europe!!!) Anyway this is my dilemma, I want to access sky's VOD system previously Anytime +, but if I connect my HD box to my router and switch the system on, will sky twig that I'm a UK subscriber accessing the VOD system through a Irish IP address? Any ideas on this or any ideas how to get round it. I've read on many many forums that Sky are not that bothered as long as subs are being paid, and everyone knows that the expat market is a huge revenue stream for Sky.

• Advertisement
Advertisement