Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pole dancing lessons in galway

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

The gym in the radisson are currently doing pole fitness classes. Non members are welcome. you can either pay by class or pay for the lot up front I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Sorry guys. Looks like this is a non runner before we even get there. 100% of places we contact this week said no for various reasons.

We are still going to Galway this weekend but hope is not high.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Raddo are doing them. Starting on October 27th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kelly..

nikki79 wrote: »
    can anyone help me im looking for pole dancing lessons in galway?
    heya

just wondering if its just you who wants learn it or a few friends as i am not teaching it at the mo but could mayb organise something

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭the_galway_fry

I have a few girls that I know will definetly be interested in giving it ago! Do u have place in galway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kelly..

I have a few girls that I know will definetly be interested in giving it ago! Do u have place in galway?

ok well see how many are interested and get back to me at the moment im not in galway but i would come in if there is a few can cum to the hse all ya need do is push a few chairs back,not teaching at the mo so dnt have a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Hi all,

Can we leave the txt spk for txt msgs please, presuming you all have full qwerty keyboards please use them, otherwise turn on predictive text.

Thanks!

/moderation

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

I sent you an email in relation to this. Email was [email].....@buzzprovider.com[/email]?

Have a venue anyways if the price is right

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Shanley wrote: »
    I sent you an email in relation to this. Email was [email].....@buzzprovider.com[/email]?

Have a venue anyways if the price is right

EMail received. Will make sure someone gets back to you real soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭nikki79

Anyone want to teach pole dance lessons???
    If your lookin for a studio room I know of one thats going. Its on the Tuam road but you would need to have your own poles.
    A lot of girls I know are very interested in giving it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Hmmm..why not use Le Paradise..is that the name?, they don't open until late and I'm sure if you wiped down the poles beforehand you'd probably avoid any rash..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

Why do women feel the need to pole-dance these last few years. We seem to be really playing to the men and what they want to make them happy. We've turned into a shower of wannabe sluts. I know I'll get crucified for this, but we seem to have gone from one extreme to another. From the pious little women to out and out tramps. What next, a prostitute class. I mean do we have to compete with professional sex workers order to attract/keep our men happy.

I know I'll get back a lot of "It's not for the men, it's for the crack with the girls" "It's freeing my sexuality, man", and "It really keeps me in shape"...etc....GIVE ME A BREAK" Jeez, talk about sheep all following.. (And slutty ones at that, or wannabe sluts I should say). Where's the middle ground, where's the class? :eek:

Oh, and I voiced my opinion against educated, smart, young, attractive women poledancing in their spare time, which isn't the popular opinion, so I expect to get slated (especially by the lads who are only delighted that so many young wans are around with these skills willing to show them after a few bacardi breezers), so their opinions don't count in my eyes. And no, I'm not a frigid auld wrench of a one, I am one of the pretty young wans myself, but not into that and wondering if I am the only one with this unpopular opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

Aaaaah, I'm so glad to have gotten that rant off my chest...pardon the pun! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

RubyBlu wrote: »
    Aaaaah, I'm so glad to have gotten that rant off my chest...pardon the pun! ;)

What pun? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I'm a bit confused..if even finding a venue for the class itself is this difficult, where in the heck are women supposed to *show this off* if it is for men??
    Are there amateur nights in some clubs? I seem to remember actually, someone saying there was in a pub in Kilkenny, but haven't heard of it in Galway.
    It seems like people are doing it for the craic, no?
    Bellydancing was a women only activity and show at one point..perhaps the pole is being reclaimed?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Why do women feel the need to pole-dance these last few years. We seem to be really playing to the men and what they want to make them happy. We've turned into a shower of wannabe sluts. I know I'll get crucified for this, but we seem to have gone from one extreme to another. From the pious little women to out and out tramps. What next, a prostitute class. I mean do we have to compete with professional sex workers order to attract/keep our men happy.

I know I'll get back a lot of "It's not for the men, it's for the crack with the girls" "It's freeing my sexuality, man", and "It really keeps me in shape"...etc....GIVE ME A BREAK" Jeez, talk about sheep all following.. (And slutty ones at that, or wannabe sluts I should say). Where's the middle ground, where's the class? :eek:

Oh, and I voiced my opinion against educated, smart, young, attractive women poledancing in their spare time, which isn't the popular opinion, so I expect to get slated (especially by the lads who are only delighted that so many young wans are around with these skills willing to show them after a few bacardi breezers), so their opinions don't count in my eyes. And no, I'm not a frigid auld wrench of a one, I am one of the pretty young wans myself, but not into that and wondering if I am the only one with this unpopular opinion.

As a man I'd agree with you. Although I wouldn't mind having my girlfriend pole dancing for me I'm just as happy if she doesn't. I don't need it. Women are sheep alright though, from one craze to the other Friends to Sex and the City to Desperate Housewives to Cougar Town. GHD's and feckin is it Guess handbags? Tarting it up on nights out, most seem to go for the same type of guys too looks and personality wise which brings me onto the men who are no better really.
    Look at a group of 4 or 5 guys. Any group within this city anyways. Similar clothes to each other, similar hair cuts, speak with the same colliquilsms. Sheep are we all!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Because you've lumped poledancing in with stripping and then with prostitution (srsly?!).

Poledancing is akin to gymnastics, in a mechanics sense at least.
    Obviously it is sexual if the dancer's wearing tassles and a gstring - but it demands a level of awe and respect when done well. Like Parkour.
    Krystle has a pole. It's well hard to use.

Stripping gets a little hazier, but it can be far more nuanced than just shaking your flaps in some guys face for cash. Again, great if done well and the maxim 'less is more' applies.

Both of these could be persued by Average Janes as much as they might do Pilates or Tango classes (both of which can be seen as lewd and unsavoury if looked at from a prejudiced perspective). They can increase a person's self-confidence (because they're tough to do) and there can be obvious benefits in a relationship.

But we hear ya on the over-sexualization of the yoof, degredation of society to the base morals and the focus on appearance over everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

... We've turned into a shower of wannabe sluts. I know I'll get crucified for this, but we seem to have gone from one extreme to another. From the pious little women to out and out tramps.

As someone (not sure who) said recently, ye Irish just don't do moderation well.

Yes, that's huge generalisation. Not everyone is either teetotal / alcoholic. Or asexual / super-slut. Etc. But there are a lot of folks at either end of each dimension.

Personally I sooo want to go up to lots of the young women I see in town, say what lovely underwear they have, and commiserate that they don't have a dress to go with it. But I restrain myself ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I'd agree with Po0k - a bit of a generalisation and lumping together. I have friends who do burlesque, one of them even does some gymnastic stuff (not quite pole dancing, but close). It's actually beautiful to watch. Sure it's sexy, but nothing wrong with that! It's not crass or offensive (to me anyway).

I'd agree that there is a degree of 'mass enthusiasm' for new fads 'like wot they do on the telly' ;), it's always been that way, but new media has encouraged that.

And yes, some of the young women (and men) in town, are not dressing to..how shall we say it...optimize their strengths. I'm not talking looks or size or anything, it just doesn't do them any favours.

Occasionally you will see classy skimpy. It's all in the eye of the beholder however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 vixpolefitness

nikki79 wrote: »
    can anyone help me im looking for pole dancing lessons in galway?

Yeah there are classes held in galway - I think the Radisson Hotel currently runs them...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 vixpolefitness

You'd be surprised who actually take pole 'fitness' classes, it is such great exercise, have you seen the abs on the girls that compete professionally? They are gymnastics, with a sexy twist - and why the hell not, oh and you know guys can do it too... Its for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

We'll stop here at this blatant spam attempt.

Not removed as everyone (female) should do this exercise :)
    /chauvinism

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Hi there, welcome to Boards.ie :)

I'm going to guess that you're either running or involved with promoting a poledancing/fitness class.
    I would suggest you put the link or description in your Signature, just no phone numbers or email addresses :)
    This is for your own privacy as per the Galway City forum charter and Boards.ie guidelines.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement