Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Quote

Options
  • 30-03-2009 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Could someone tell me a reasonable quote for the following bill of works:

Rip out old bathroom.
    Take off tiling (one wall is stud partition).
    Put in a 1350x1350 corner bath
    Move radiator 3 feet
    Knock part of a flimsy partition wall (2 feet wide)
    Put in a shower tray and enclosure
    Tile 25 sq yrds, waterproof plasterboard one wall (7ft wide)
    Move entrance door 2 feet (i.e. cut partition wall and move door)
    Take up false wooden floor, ply and tile 5 sq yards
    Put in a toilet but bore out through wall to connect to waste as current connection is at wrong angle & old size
    New toilet
    New basin
    New extractor fan

Looking for a price that includes all labour and materials - assuming middle of the road materials used.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Where are you? Will Pm you a number for a free quote...Get a few. Its can be hard to price a job without actually seeing it as there might be something that you haven't seen or realised yet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 markc1975

Hi Mad M.

I'm in Dublin 8, could you send me that number too? I need similiar work done.

Cheers,

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Forsaken1

Not many websites for tiling around but this guy looks good...

Nice website...

www.kildaretiler.com

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Vtiling

Hi,
    we specialize in bathroom renovations including tiling, plumbing, carpetry.I can give you a free quote and you can compare.pm me for details.
    Hello,

Could someone tell me a reasonable quote for the following bill of works:

Rip out old bathroom.
    Take off tiling (one wall is stud partition).
    Put in a 1350x1350 corner bath
    Move radiator 3 feet
    Knock part of a flimsy partition wall (2 feet wide)
    Put in a shower tray and enclosure
    Tile 25 sq yrds, waterproof plasterboard one wall (7ft wide)
    Move entrance door 2 feet (i.e. cut partition wall and move door)
    Take up false wooden floor, ply and tile 5 sq yards
    Put in a toilet but bore out through wall to connect to waste as current connection is at wrong angle & old size
    New toilet
    New basin
    New extractor fan

Looking for a price that includes all labour and materials - assuming middle of the road materials used.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

6.5 to 7k I would have done this for but would need to see the job to be sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

6.5 to 7k I would have done this for but would need to see the job to be sure
    I used to work In a higher end tile and bathroom store.. and that's about the going rate the tradesmen who we dealt with would redo a bathroom for. Anything less and I'd be wondering what corner is being cut.

also If you haven't done already.. also get a tanking kit and get the place tank'd before putting the shower try down.. should something happen it will save you alot of aggravation. Its piece of mind and money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

hobochris wrote: »
    I used to work In a higher end tile and bathroom store.. and that's about the going rate the tradesmen who we dealt with would redo a bathroom for. Anything less and I'd be wondering what corner is being cut.

also If you haven't done already.. also get a tanking kit and get the place tank'd before putting the shower try down.. should something happen it will save you alot of aggravation. Its piece of mind and money well spent.

Thank you anything less quote is right wanted to say it but it would look like a plug....

The tanking kit is a brilliant idea but you would be surprised how people will not pay the days labour that goes with it.

But yes if I was doing it i would tank it.

Advertisement