Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mysterious 'Dancing' Lights Over Lucan /Leixlip Area?

Options
  • 30-03-2009 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

OK so roughly round 930pm tonight there were a pair of 'unidentified' hazy lights 'dancing' perhaps over Weston Aerodrome or within a few miles radius of there ...When my relations called me to come see the 'UFOs' I was somewhat sceptical but they sure dont look like any 'searchlights' Ive ever seen -and not like those 'advertising searchlights' that you sometimes see over Dublin city ...Any suggestions /explanations ? They seemed to be 'above the clouds'...They appeared to be 'interacting ' / 'in synch' to some degree circling over a general area of sky for maybe 10-15 minutes...
    Rational explanation ASAP please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I think I'll await comment from Terry before I press the red button.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You just move to the area? Thy happen a lot. You'll read about it in the Liffey Champion next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ususally from here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casement_Aerodrome

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It was probably nothin!

*fashions a makeshift tinfoil hat*

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

ytareh wrote: »
    OK so roughly round 930pm tonight there were a pair of 'unidentified' hazy lights 'dancing' perhaps over Weston Aerodrome or within a few miles radius of there ...When my relations called me to come see the 'UFOs' I was somewhat sceptical but they sure dont look like any 'searchlights' Ive ever seen -and not like those 'advertising searchlights' that you sometimes see over Dublin city ...Any suggestions /explanations ? They seemed to be 'above the clouds'...They appeared to be 'interacting ' / 'in synch' to some degree circling over a general area of sky for maybe 10-15 minutes...
    Rational explanation ASAP please!
    They aren't UFOs, they are, by your statement, Unidentified Hazy Lights. UHLs.

Probably just a visual artist testing stuff out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

It was a tough call. Kildare or West Dublin.
    I went with West Dubln because the OP put Lucan first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

ytareh wrote: »
    OK so roughly round 930pm tonight there were a pair of 'unidentified' hazy lights 'dancing' perhaps over Weston Aerodrome or within a few miles radius of there ...

Didn't see them myself, but I did see adverts for Fossetts circus there a couple of days ago. Maybe they're part of that if they're in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I was out tonight and saw said 'dancing lights' at 9:35 in the direction of where Weston Aerodrome is. They're just spotlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

saw them last night think they were helicopter search lights by the movement of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Its from a night club in Naas. I kid you not as i saw it from fort lucan all the way down the naas road. I couldnt believe the distance it travelled. Its a regular thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

cobweb wrote: »
    saw them last night think they were helicopter search lights by the movement of them

It was shining up rather than down.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭manc

not sure if they are the same but comming out of leixlip last night around 9pm there appeared to be lights shining into the sky from the liffey valley sc direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ttilting

Its from a fun Fair in Clondalkin ,,, It will be there for the next couple of days ... send out a couple of very strong beams every few mins.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Okay, I know sometimes the dancing lights are from the circus as I was caught out last year( I thought it was a big fire) but today I and another witness saw an odd light in the sky,(have photos) 7:55pm seen from leixlip louisa bridge station below and slightly to right of moon. Anybody else see it?
    Object looked like sunlight hitting side of passenger liner but was stationary for 15 minotes or more.!!
    Any ideas anyone??!!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I witnessed this. It was definitely UFOs doing reconnaisance missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Don't know about that but only normal explanation I can find is the ISS but don't know if it was in the correct part of the sky at the time. Anybody else???

Advertisement