Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there Space Observatories and Planetarium

Options
  • 30-03-2009 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

opened up in Co. Wexford? My boyfriend read that there is a new space centre or something down in Wexford and really wants to go to it. Does anybody have any information about it? Very grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

This is a new one to me. Saw nothing in the local papers but if there is one I'd be interested too. Tried Google but al it returned was 'Spaces' to rent, for sale, etc. I'll be watching this 'Space' for replies, hope your boyfriend is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

He is probably confusing it with Wexford County Council, which is located on another planet. Councillors are transported to earth every now and then to pose for photos beside piles of rubbish or derelict sites and this is probably the explanation for strange sightings and increased reports of UFO's. These are likely to increase between now and June after which they should disappear. No special equipment is needed to view them, just stand still for long enough and one will materialise beside you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

bmaxi wrote: »
    These are likely to increase between now and June after which they should disappear. No special equipment is needed to view them, just stand still for long enough and one will materialise beside you. :)

A bit like busses, you're waiting ages for one, then four come along together and every one of them is 'Out of Service' and on the way back to the garage but not before they have caused traffic chaos when they double parked outside the local Spar to get the cup of coffee and a copy of the Star.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭HighWire

Dont think there is.
    In fact I've only heard of three Planetariums in Ireland
    Armagh, Schull and Inishowen.
    As for Observatories there are a couple, but not in Wexford I dont think,
    again Armagh, Dunsink in Dublin, Blackrock Castle in Cork.

Dont know if Slaney Astronomy is still on the go
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=137744

Maybe give them a shout, or even Astronomy Ireland
    might have some info. http://www.astronomy.ie/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

+1 for astronomy Ireland.....excellent place to start

• Advertisement

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slaneyside_astronomers/

If they are still active, the guy who runs www.riverslaney.org is happy to give a some server space to local groups.

Advertisement