Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fujufilm 8.2MB FinePix J50 Digital Camera €99.99. Any thoughts?

• 30-03-2009 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭

Hope you don't mind posting this enquiry here. Please move if i'm in the wrong spot.

Lidl have this camera for sale. It looks fairly good with enough features for my needs - family stuff and the odd overturned wheelbarrow (:D).

These are the specs.
    34.5 Total Magnification(Did they just multiply 5x6.9 and come up with this figure - does it mean anything really?)
    5x optical zoom and 6.9x digital zoom
    Video mode with sound
    2.7" LCD display
    Digital image stabiliser
    Focal length 6.2-18.6
    Max. photo resolution 3264 x 2448
    video resolution 320 x 240 pixels
    Compatible with xD, SD, SDHC memory cards
    Flash with red-eye reduction
    Shooting modes: auto, manual, image stabilisation, video, natural light, baby, portrait, landscape, sports, night, beach, snow, fireworks, sunset, flower, party, museum, text, manual
    Shutter speeds: 1/4 - 1/1500
    Self-timer 2 or 10 seconds
    USB 2.0 InterfaceIncludes: rechargeable battery NP-40N, battery charger, hand strap, USB cable, A/V cable, & CD-ROM
    Compact dimensions: 9.6 x 5.5 x 2.3cm
    Lightweight: 141g

I've been looking to get a pocket sized camera with good zoom and I like the idea of a point and shoot with (if i'm reading it right) variable shutter speed. I'd prefer an ordinary view finder included but these seem rare in compact digitals.

What puts me off this one is a couple of poor reviews on amazon about fuzzy picture quality but with the lidl money back policy I reckon it's worth a try.

If it's a no-go, any other recommendations for similar money?

And just to squeeze the last bit of advice out of the photography forum - i've a friend who travels to China regularly so can get a reliable one there. Any tips? Digital, slr, video not important. Maybe with changeable lenses to upgrade later if I go for the pulitzer.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement