Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem Converting RAW to JPG

• 30-03-2009 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm having a problem when I convert from RAW to JPG after making a few adjustment's. The photo always looks great while it is in Photo shop but when I save it and re check it in Zoom Browser or any other Program it is never the same (actually a lot worse). If I open it again in P/S it looks good again, is there some setting in P/S that needs to be checked or unchecked. It is so frustrating that I don't shoot in RAW any more
    Any help would be appreciated, Thanks :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

two words...

colour space....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Fireman

two words...

colour space....
    I'll have a look at it now, Thanks

two words...

colour space....

Melekalikimaka, I cant seem to see anything with the words colour space, where should I be looking !!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

Fireman wrote: »
    Melekalikimaka, I cant seem to see anything with the words colour space, where should I be looking !!!!

When you are exporting jpegs for use in the real world (web or printing) from PS or LR or any other converter software you should always choose sRGB as the output colour space unless you know what you are doing and why you are doing it.

This was a recent thread that shows the confusion that can arise when you don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Basically for viewing on the web you need to save the jpeg with an sRGB colour space, as browsers can't support AdobeRGB colourspace because it can't recognise the bigger gammut of colours in the Adobe RGB and images look dull and flat, so save the files in sRGB and they should look fine on the web.

melekalikimaka: Thanks for that tutorial, I am sorted now, the default setting was on which resulted in my conversions being very flat

Advertisement