Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB student creditcard (MC2)

Options
  • 30-03-2009 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

I cancelled my credit card about last october because I was out of a job and didn't think I'd be using it again for a while. I've now changed my mind and want to get another one again for the summer, however when I go to apply through my internet banking (which I originally did) it says the card is no longer available to me, anybody know any reasons why they would do this? Have they discontinued the card itself? because I have regular income and good savings so that shouldn't be a problem.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Are you still a student? If you're not then you might not be able to apply for a student card again. If you are still a student, maybe give them a call and see can the application be put through on the phone or see if they can tell you why it won't let you apply online.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Alot of banks are not giving Credit cards to students anymore especially if they dont have a job!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭LaMer

Yeah I'm still a student, it was only last summer that I got it for the first time anyway, so i should still be a student in their logic (or lack of it).

And yes Hogzy I'm aware that banks wouldn't give a card to a student with no job, if that was a case I wouldn't have posted this thread. I have a job and they should see that weekly pay goes in like clockwork on a thursday by bank transfer from a well known Mr. Power, so there should be no problem.

I'll give them a ring so.

EDIT: I never cut the card up and returned it to them? I'm fairly sure I can't have it reactivated, but would that be a problem? (silly question I know but for my last 21 years I've tried to steer clear of CCs)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Say your gonna switch bank!!!
    LaMer wrote: »
    Yeah I'm still a student, it was only last summer that I got it for the first time anyway, so i should still be a student in their logic (or lack of it).

And yes Hogzy I'm aware that banks wouldn't give a card to a student with no job, if that was a case I wouldn't have posted this thread. I have a job and they should see that weekly pay goes in like clockwork on a thursday by bank transfer from a well known Mr. Power, so there should be no problem.

EDIT: I never cut the card up and returned it to them? I'm fairly sure I can't have it reactivated, but would that be a problem? (silly question I know but for my last 21 years I've tried to steer clear of CCs)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

LaMer wrote: »

Once the credit card is closed/cancelled it can't be reactivated, so AFAIK you'll have to go through the application process again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement