Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D-Link router losing settings

Options
  • 30-03-2009 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

I recently got a d-link dsl-2740b, set it up everything was fine, but every now and again it loses some of its settings and goes back to defaults. It doesn't appear to be restarting or losing power but if i leave the connection for a while, when next i use it, its offline and i have to re-enter some of my settings.

What could be causing this? it's firmware version is 2.24, would it fix it if i updated it or could i still have the same problem?

thanks,
    daywalker

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

Only one way to find out really. Upgrade and see how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LeonB

I have had repeated problems with a DSL-2740B router losing all it's settings and jut going back to defaults.

It happened several times on firmware 1.0 and after updating to the latest 2.07 it just happened again.
    Time for the bin, these things are just too cheap to waste time on.

There are 3 hardware revisions, this was the F1 revision.

Advertisement