Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q Acoustics - Home Cinema System

Options
  • 31-03-2009 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am looking at putting a home cinema system into my new house. I have been in with Cloney audio, got a quote but not to happy as the price ws off the wall for what i need.
    I went to another place who told me for the budget of about €3k i should look at the Q Acoustics 5.1 speaker package range for the sound, panasonic 50" plasma & yamaha 863 reciever with a Panasonic bd35 Blueray player.
    I ilke the look of the Q stuff as its neat and tidy and the speaker fit onto the bottom of the TV.

I am not in any way experienced with this sort of techonolgy just love my movies. Can anyone let me know if this is any good.

If you have any other ideas of what i couls use this would be great.

Thanks
    B:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

If that's the qacoustics left centre right speaker that fits under the screen then i've heard it. Not bad at all, and the rears that fit in the ceiling cornice aren't bad either.
    Not great for music mind, which i guess where whatever cloney suggested would shine.
    Did they show you the panorama from b&w?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Brooklawn wrote: »
    I am looking at putting a home cinema system into my new house. I have been in with Cloney audio, got a quote but not to happy as the price ws off the wall for what i need.
    I went to another place who told me for the budget of about €3k i should look at the Q Acoustics 5.1 speaker package range for the sound, panasonic 50" plasma & yamaha 863 reciever with a Panasonic bd35 Blueray player.
    I ilke the look of the Q stuff as its neat and tidy and the speaker fit onto the bottom of the TV.

I am not in any way experienced with this sort of techonolgy just love my movies. Can anyone let me know if this is any good.

Thanks

Hey dude,

Richersounds.ie they are in Belfast and are tops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Brooklawn

The speakers that Cluney were quoting were B&W M1 and B&W PV1 Sub for a 5.1 system working out at €2k. I justthink for a intro system in a short term house that is a lot to spend. Considering i can probably get Q Acoustics 5.1 and 50" plasma and reiver for in around a little more.
    I will also think of richiesounds as another option.
    TKS
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

I just got myself a great deal on a Marantz SR6003 and the Monitor Audio Radius R90 style speaker set - http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Monitor-Audio-R90-HD10
    I got it all for a lot less than I would have expected by posting on the richer sounds thread here on boards - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1105
    I got a reply from John McDonald who then called me and we did a deal over the phone, I got a fantastic service from him and his colleagues.

I looked into getting the Q-Acoustics 5.1 but got quoted close to €1000 here in Ireland, they can be bought in and delivered from the uk for around the €500mark, if you do a bit of shopping around, although there is a stock shortage on them at the moment apparently!

Also be aware that most of manufacturers of this type of kit all raised their prices yesterday due to weak currencies!

I can thoroughly recommend contacting richer sounds for a quote on what you are after, they gave me the best deal by far, try posting on the richer sounds forum and see what happens, they may not reply straight away but they usually do eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ehutchroi

go to Belfast, much cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭axton1

Brooklawn wrote: »

Thanks

Hi Brooklawn,

you could try audioequipment.ie ! and see whats on offer

Advertisement