Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

football teams during summer berlin

Options
  • 31-03-2009 3:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

im spending the summer here with my relatives and i want to join a football team while im there does anyone know of any? by the way i can speak german very well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

How about Hertha, they're doing pretty well this season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

man i wouldnt have a clue about berlin! all il say is your best bet would be to have a search round the internet you'l find teams that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭janullrich

Another damn loss this time against Hannover. I hope that we can keep it sort of together for the remaining games or we could end up mid-table. Going over again in middle of May for last home game against Schalke. Can't wait.

I know a friendly Tag Rugby team that are around if you want to have a go with them. Apart from that just look at the internet and it will depend also what area you are in as well. Lucky you that you are over in the beautiful city that is Berlin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 scottyccfc

When I was there in 2002 I trained with Eintracht Friedrichshagen but they have been merged and are now called Friedrichshagener EV, they are based near Kopenick on the East side but might not take too kindly to a Hertha BSC fan. Wouldnt blame them :D Anyway they train during the summer months. The S-Bahn goes about 5 minute walk from the ground, very good facilities. Back in 98 I trained with a Wessie team for a couple of weeks. Not too sure of their name though but Ill find out. They had really good facilities too and trained during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

There are loads of sunday league and university league teams that play and train during the summer.
    When I was living there a few of my friends played for an english speaking team called British Lions, more info on this forum below.
    http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/index.php/t67277.html
    As you speak german it might be an option to look inot the actual sunday league or university league team(you don't have to be registered as a student and the league runs until august). I don't have any links for that one though, but I can ask a friend of mine who played in the TU League with the Erasmus Team
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20067511688&ref=ts

• Advertisement
Advertisement