Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April Fools

Options
  • 31-03-2009 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Can any one help

Seen as it's April Fools this week I want to get a few guys at work back for the way they have acted in past few weeks.

I work in a furniture factory with guys ranging in ages of 18 to 40, I want to pull the ultimate practical joke on them but finding it very hard to come up with idea's.

The only thing is they all work on the floor making the furniture and I am in the office. Need something that they would never think of (and believe me they can think of alot like any typical Irish lads)

PLEASE HELP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Send them fake redundancy letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Excellent idea. Only drawback is that it might get you fired!

Get one of your friends to go in as a customer and wind them up. I did this with my old boss a few years ago. My friend dressed up as a total maniac and went in to apply for a job. When my boss asked him for a CV he was like 'What's a CV?'. So my boss told him what a CV was and to hand one in. Friend was like 'Tch..' and left. Came back 5 min later with an illegible CV written in crayon on the back of a napkin.

My boss was like, 'yeah, no job for you', my friend started arguing that he should have a job there. Eventually he was like 'Look, I'll prove I can work here' and started rearranging the newspapers, putting out chocolate, etc.

Or, you know, you could do something better...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MTG Ros

banquo wrote: »
    Get one of your friends to go in as a customer and wind them up.

Thanks for that but went to school with my boss and he know's all of my friends. plus the place is wholesale only

Archimedes wrote: »
    Send them fake redundancy letters.

I don't think I could really do that in the times that are in it. It wouldn't be funny. It's more funny i'm after, something that will be laughed about for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Diairist

a govt body (maybe not health & safety bcause of b & q thing...) (deepest sympathy to that man's family) perhaps planning dept in dublin / fingal county council / bord pleanala arrives and says the place will have to suspend operations until the door / truck entrance there *points* will have to be moved 15 metres to the left*points* and DNA samples will be taken from each toilet every day until construction is completed.

• Advertisement

Diairist wrote: »
    a govt body (maybe not health & safety bcause of b & q thing...) (deepest sympathy to that man's family) perhaps planning dept in dublin / fingal county council / bord pleanala arrives and says the place will have to suspend operations until the door / truck entrance there *points* will have to be moved 15 metres to the left*points* and DNA samples will be taken from each toilet every day until construction is completed.

Good Idea but would need more time to set up only have 5 pm to set up and don't know anyone in planning department to help me

I have thought of one to catch out the office staff it's a desktop prank

All you have to do is open a few files on your desktop take a screen pic and use it as your desktop, remembering to hide all desktop icons and moving and hiding the start menu. Therefore anyone using the computer will look and think that everything is working perfectly until they start trying to use it and nothing will work as it is only a picture.

If anyone would like to set this up go to

http://www.tweak3d.net/articles/pranks/

Advertisement