Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hard disc transfer

• 31-03-2009 7:10am
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭

howdy

I'm looking to get a new Hard disc for my pc. Currently, I have a 250gb SATA Disc, which i want to replace with this

Now, My pc,(for some god unknown reason) only has space for 1 disc.

what would be the best way to transfer everything from the old disc to the new disc?

i humblely await your replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Buy an external USB enclosure at the same time as the drive.

Then you can clone your existing installation onto the new disc (using something like Acronis TrueImage), and swap them over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

you could use G4L to clone the disk too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can bring both disks into a PC support shop at your location and have them transfer it for you.
    Not sure about price but shouldn't be much. Shop around first so you know where to go before buying anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Now, My pc,(for some god unknown reason) only has space for 1 disc.

Do you mean the case hasn't got enough space for a second disk to be installed inside, or you don't have enough SATA and/or power adapters?

If it's the former, then you could just cable up the drive and leave it outside the case (e.g. on top) for the transfer.

Having an external USB drive is always handy though, so I'd go for the external case personally.

Advertisement