Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firefox theme for a Netbook

• 31-03-2009 8:52am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭

Girlfriend bought a little netbook and it's dead on but when firefox is open and you are using the normal toolbar, bookmarks t/b and then the tab bar I find a lot of the screen is already taken up.

Anyone able to recommend/using a decent theme for firefox that would tidy it up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Classic compact with classic compact options. I usually customise (right click --> customise) all my icons to the navigation bar and remove bookmarks toolbar complately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

How about pressing F11? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

F11 !!! Thank you so much. How could I never have found that before. :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Never thought of that. Good shout man!

The bookmarks toolbar she likes because she's gotten used to it at work and on my desktop machine - I like not having to touch the keyboard to get to all my regular sites. ;)

Thanks for the suggestions lads.

• Moderators Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Best solution ever! Chrome!

Its much less "intense" on your PC too, which is always good in a netbook.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Best solution ever! Chrome!

Its much less "intense" on your PC too, which is always good in a netbook.
    This is getting more and more popular. I had concerns about switching over when it was beta. Forgot about it since.

• Moderators Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Yeah its pretty neat. Though im still a FF man for my 15.4" screen. Cant live without stumbleupon!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Use the tiny menu add-on then just move all the buttons and the url bar to the menu bar and hey presto.

Use the tiny menu add-on then just move all the buttons and the url bar to the menu bar and hey presto.

The compact classic options i linked to already does what tiny menu does

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    The compact classic options i linked to already does what tiny menu does
    Ah so it does. I was just going by the main picture I didn't look at any of the others. Does using themes much up that custom compact at all? I imagine it would if the theme uses it's own buttons.

• Advertisement

Ah so it does. I was just going by the main picture I didn't look at any of the others. Does using themes much up that custom compact at all? I imagine it would if the theme uses it's own buttons.

You have a choice of Firefox 2 or 3 buttons with the theme, I use FF3 buttons, they the same as FF3 but smaller (not like whats shown)

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    You have a choice of Firefox 2 or 3 buttons with the theme, I use FF3 buttons, they the same as FF3 but smaller (not like whats shown)
    I like having my themes kinda dark but I might try this theme on my netbook. Cheers man.

Here's a screenie. Adblock plus (with the Easy list subscription) is a must also as You don't get much real estate

2009-03-31--1238526261_800x480_scro.png

You're a subscriber. You can turn off ads in your user cp when you are a subscriber.

You're a subscriber. You can turn off ads in your user cp when you are a subscriber.

There's more to life than boards.ie m8. You need to get out more. ROFL :D

Advertisement