Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mms on Blackberry Curve 8310

• 31-03-2009 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi all,

need your help .. again

a friend of mine gave me a blackberry curve 8310 yesterday, it was originally on vodafone, on a blackberry server (contract) it has been erased of all the settings for the server as i wanted to use it on speakeasy.

this is my third blackberry that i have used on 02 speakeasy and have had no problems with them as they werent previously wiped of all settings.

My problem is when i go to send an mms it says no service books, also there is no internet on it either. If i go into the settings all the o2 settings are there as i put them in but its not letting me enable them for some reason.

I rang o2 just to see if they would send me the service books and they said no i would need a blackberry contract.

my question is.. can i not use this phone due to it being on a vodafone network/blackberry contract previously ? even though its been completely cleared of the settings it previously had to be on the server, its sim free as my 02 sim works in it and i can sms but just cant get the internet or mms working.

any suggestions? would it work if i changed to a vodafone sim card and network???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

It should just need the standard mms settings. Maybe try ring o2 and dont tell them its a BB, just say you need the settings, they normally send them in message format.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Nixer95

hi there

i have tried to send them from the net to my phone but they dont arrive and also when i spoke to them this morning he said it was all set up correctly his end, so they werent any help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Nixer95 wrote: »
    hi there

i have tried to send them from the net to my phone but they dont arrive and also when i spoke to them this morning he said it was all set up correctly his end, so they werent any help.

Unfortunately you will need the service books sent from O2 in order for the handset to have access to the Internet and MMS, manually adding the APN settings will not work. This is the also the reason why your previous two Blackberry handsets worked fine, as the service books were present.

Oh god that was my worst fear! as its a brand new phone and would love to be able to use it for internet and mms!!

anyone know someone in o2??????????

right, i changed over to vodafone today, as the phone was originally on vodafone.

i eventually got vodafone to send the service books to me and they are now all listed under "service books" but i still cant send mms or go on to the internet!!! its driving me mad !!! i think its something simple now on the handset itself but just dont know what!!

has anyone else got a blackberry on prepay????

• Advertisement

Someone else must be using a blackberry on prepay vodafone?????????

ok ...update

i somehow got vodafone to send the service books to me?? so it was working fine for about a 3 weeks sending mms and vodafone live worked too, all until saturday so i rang vodafone yesterday and they said there was a problem with mms' at their end and its been resolved now but i still cannot send mms', they said they have sent the error to tecnical to try and sort out.

when i go on to vodafone live the error i get is:

http : 500 error

and when i receive an mms, it says cannot retrieve content, try again later!!!

any suggestions? all the settings are correct on the handset so is it at their end??

Advertisement