Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

imvu is annoying

• 31-03-2009 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

please help i got imvu on my comp and used it 4 about a month now i want it gone cause it taking up to much room but every time i go into add and remove programs a window comes up and tells me i cant unistall it because clinet sortware is running and i have to stop that 1st but im logged out and i dont know how to stop the software

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Moved to Windows from Programming. Tempted to request a puncuation forum that I could've moved this too but alas I have to behave myself.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

not sure what it is but you could RUN msconfig and deselect it for next boot and then uninstall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

the program is still probably running in the bottom right of your screen in the taskbar. Look for the IMVU icon at the bottom right, right click it and look for either "quit", "exit" or "close program" something like that. Then try to uninstall from add/remove programs.

Ah sure why be good Phil? aren't you evil? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

or right click on start bar, run TaskManager and go to processes and kill imvu.exe or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 oneway

I suggest you reboot into save mode [press F5 during startup] this only starts the most basic Windows peograms and you can then kill these applications.

• Advertisement
Advertisement