Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Display problems

Options
  • 31-03-2009 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I'm having a problem with Monitor display, it's a problem with my display settings, the display settings i can only get are 1024x768 or 800x600 - i have tried to adjust this from the display settings panel but it only has these two available settings. i knocked off my PC and rebooted and then my monitor said it was reciving no signal and was blank. i unplugged the lead from the screen to the PC and the monitor and the screen came back on but with only these two settings available.
    I've tried the display drivers update and to force the settings on Nvidia control panel but no luck. I've a GeForce 8800 ultra graphics card.
    I've had this problem before and the system adjusted itself after a few start-ups, anyone ever seen this problem before or where i might get an answer on how to fix this problem. BTW it always happens after a game crash back to desktop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Why are you getting game crashes?

Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall the card in device manager.

Have you got the card OC'ed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Hi,i have an 8800gt and get the same black screen the odd time and when its back my max res is only 1024x768.All i do to fix it is shut down pc and unplug the monitor from the mains,plug it back in and its back to normal when i boot up.

Advertisement