Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not eligble 4 Maternity Benefit

Options
  • 31-03-2009 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

So I've just found out that I'm not eligible for MB due to unpaid leave. What are my options if any re welfare payments etc?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Depends whether your married, renting, have other dependents ect. Give a few details about yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

So I've just found out that I'm not eligible for MB due to unpaid leave. What are my options if any re welfare payments etc?
    Thanks

What sort of unpaid leave?

I took unpaid leave 3 years ago. i used the full maternity leave and parental leave. I applied for my credits. See Link.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 little ol me

Nothing more to tell tbh. I don't get holiday pay- if I don't work, I don't get paid- I get holiday entitlement at the end of the year ie. paid X% of my yearly salary. But I am PAYE, and pay PRSI normally.

So I just stop working- and can't claim dole or whatever? Would it make any difference it I was made redundant/got sacked? What about my prsi credits while on maternity leave? Probably the wrong forum for this - but I thought some of you might have been through this before :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Ask here, you might get better advice :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=861

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Who told you that your not entitled to maternity leave? If you have been paying prsi as normal you should be eligible. have a look at the citizens advice or welfare websites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 little ol me

IsThatSo? wrote: »
    Ask here, you might get better advice :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=861

Wil do, thanks everyone

Advertisement