Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL/UPC p2p upload speed throttling

Options
  • 31-03-2009 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,

Just moved to NTL for their 20/1.5 package. Things went fine for a fortnight and now still I'm getting 20 down but only 1k/s upload in torrents! Ratio sites don't like me anymore. It's definitely traffic shaping as I get 100k/s upload in other apps like ftp.

I still haven't been disconnected from eircom (7mb package) and can still get 60k/s upload with them in torrents.

Rang NTL and asked directly are you limiting my torrent speeds. "Sir we do not restrict traffic". Explained how if I plug back into Eircom I immediately get full speeds. They tried to convince me that it was better to have 3 times the download speed but I quickly brought her back to uploads. "Sir, I'll have to ring you back about that".

Anyone have anything similar? Any way to fight this on them?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

are you using the default ports? what about transport encryption?

i get slow speeds at peak times on torrents (which everyone seems to take as traffic shaping) but aside from evening times my torrent speeds are fine (also on 20/1.5mbps).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement