Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand - stock query.

Options
  • 31-03-2009 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, I ordered a PC from HWVS on saturday there and was going to do the bank transfer this morning. However, I notice now that the RAM and PSU that I had selected are out of stock (as of today). Since I ordered this when everything was in stock does that mean that they set aside the parts for my order and that I should go ahead and complete the transfer? Or does it mean I'll have to choose a different PSU and RAM?

Appreciate it if somebody could shed some light on this! Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Im not 100% sure but i'd guess they are now out of stock. I do not think any order is processed untill the money hits their banks. Personally i wouldn't bother ringing to ask as you will only get through to some snotty german cow with a serious attitude problem.

My Advise... Order locally or even from the uk with the way the exchange rate is.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭somakasvh

With my last few orders, I've been allocated stock as soon as I placed the order.

I noticed this because sometimes stock levels are "only 1 remaining", and after I click order, they all go to "out of stock"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

I know that when you put an item in the shooping cart in HVW it cannot be taken by another person whilst its in your cart (for 30 mins? )therefore i would assume that your items are in stock and will be dispatched

• Registered Users Posts: 14 FunkadelicNess

Thanks for the replies lads...right I'll go ahead and do the bank transfer tomorrow and I guess we'll see what happens. Hopefully the stock has been allocated to me as Tiger and somak suggest. I'll report what happens in case somebody else finds themselves in the same position as me. Cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

somakasvh wrote: »
    With my last few orders, I've been allocated stock as soon as I placed the order.

I noticed this because sometimes stock levels are "only 1 remaining", and after I click order, they all go to "out of stock"

I bought a PC from them about 2 weeks ago and this happened me too so i definitely think they assign the part to your order once you have submitted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭paddyman

I also think they assign stock. I ordered all the parts for a new pc minus the case and it took a while to get the online bank transfer to them.

By the time the money was received by them 2 parts were out of stock, but the order was shipped...

Advertisement