Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheels

• 31-03-2009 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

I need some new tyres for my vehikle.

Anyone know anywhere around town that will fit ones that I supply ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

discount tires out on the tullow road, best place, 15% discount on at the moment. tell him you heard in the college about it with a leaflet. forget leaflet. done alot of shopping around cheapest for the same tires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I don't think aynon read your post properly testicle. Did you get the tyres from eiretyres?

if you did, then here:
    http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/stationssuche.pl?dsco=124&Cookie=

I'm sure you already know why tyre centers are relucant to fit tyres that they don't supply but if you go in and asure them that you understand if you have a blowout 5 minutes down the road that its not their fault most places will fit them for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

JW Tyres will fit the ones you supply for you no bother.

Soundest chap going too.
    has the professional tracking machine and the lot there so ya could get it all done at the same time.

SV wrote: »
    JW Tyres

Where's that SV ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Where's that SV ?

Up by Doyles of the Shamrock I think. Thanks for the suggestions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

advanced pitstop fitted mine no prob

advanced pitstop fitted mine no prob

How much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

askea tryes fitted mine before, 17.50 a corner, including balancing and disposal of old tyres.

where you ordering yours from testicle? camskill or eire tyres or another?

i know this a bit off topic.
    how do you know if a tire is suitable for a rim. i know my tire is 155/70/13. but if i purchase an uprated tire off one of these places how do i know it will fit? is there somewhere i can go and look at charts for stock parts for certain cars?

aynon wrote: »
    how do you know if a tire is suitable for a rim. i know my tire is 155/70/13. but if i purchase an uprated tire off one of these places how do i know it will fit? is there somewhere i can go and look at charts for stock parts for certain cars?

if you google it, some sites will give a list of all suitable sizes for a car.

otherwise ask the nice lads in the motor forums, they'll know the wise aul fools:pac:

• Advertisement

patrickc wrote: »
    askea tryes fitted mine before, 17.50 a corner, including balancing and disposal of old tyres.

where you ordering yours from testicle? camskill or eire tyres or another?

Not sure yet. Advance sold and fitted me a tyre for 200 notes before. I can buy the same tyre on eiretyres for 135 odd...

have a look at cam skill there even more reasonable than eire tyres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

testicle wrote: »
    Not sure yet. Advance sold and fitted me a tyre for 200 notes before. I can buy the same tyre on eiretyres for 135 odd...

For one tyre??

Rim sizes are fairly standard. Especially with steel rims. If you have a 155/70/R13 on now, then if you buy another 155/70/R13 it'll fit.

testicle: what size are you after? I got a 205/55/R16 for €85.
    I'm guessing yours are at least 17" though?

Rim sizes are fairly standard. Especially with steel rims. If you have a 155/70/R13 on now, then if you buy another 155/70/R13 it'll fit.
    i want to upgrade though to a safer a tire tho.

testicle: what size are you after? I got a 205/55/R16 for €85.
    I'm guessing yours are at least 17" though?

225/45/ZR17 94W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I just shelled out 400 for four 205/65/15 Goodrich wheels and 4 wheel alignment in Ballon

testicle wrote: »
    225/45/ZR17 94W

I thought it would be something like that alright. ZR is a high speed rating right?

i want to upgrade though to a safer a tire tho.

please explain....

• Advertisement

want a wider thicker tire.

I thought it would be something like that alright. ZR is a high speed rating right?

ZR is a general > 149mph, the W is >170mph

want a wider thicker tire.

Wider + Thicker does not equal safer.

Wider + Thicker does not equal safer.
    not what 3 of the tire suppliers in carlow have told me. (advanced/discount/ and askea)

not what 3 of the tire suppliers in carlow have told me. (advanced/discount/ and askea)

That wouldn't be because wider and thicker tires are more expensive anyway.

Your car doesn't need a wide tire. Regards thickness? well that's just comfort.
    A good brand tire will do the job, unless you're rallying your car around the place.

That wouldn't be because wider and thicker tires are more expensive anyway.

Your car doesn't need a wide tire. Regards thickness? well that's just comfort.
    A good brand tire will do the job, unless you're rallying your car around the place.
    it was explained to me by the guy in advanced. the more ground contacted the more likely your going to stop. as most tires only have a contact less then that of an a5 piece of paper so any increase is huge , percentage wise.

it was explained to me by the guy in advanced. the more ground contacted the more likely your going to stop. as most tires only have a contact less then that of an a5 piece of paper so any increase is huge , percentage wise.

in theory, that's right yeah.

the design of the tire is far more important than the width though.
    huge wide tires with a bad design and bad compound are far FAR worse than tires half the size with a good design and good compound.

in theory, that's right yeah.

the design of the tire is far more important than the width though.
    huge wide tires with a bad design and bad compound are far FAR worse than tires half the size with a good design and good compound.
    good tire, good design whats wrong with that? i want to spend money on safety!

a rule for life in driving-
    only two things can really only kill you in a car. tires and breaks. all else stops.

before you get into it. you night prevent that crash if you had better tires or breaks.
    tires blow out on the motorway=death
    engine blows up on the motor way=chug chug stop.

good tire, good design whats wrong with that? i want to spend money on safety!

a rule for life in driving-
    only two things can really only kill you in a car. tires and breaks. all else stops.

before you get into it. you night prevent that crash if you had better tires or breaks.
    tires blow out on the motorway=death
    engine blows up on the motor way=chug chug stop.

Eh, I didn't say there was anything wrong with that?

I'm saying if you're going to spend your money on safety then spend it on getting a good tire that's the same size as the one already on yours rather than paying the same money for a bigger and wider one just because it seems to be safer.

No idea why you brought any of the other into it really. A tire blowing out on the motorway doesn't exactly equal death either..but going OT.

• Advertisement

Eh, I didn't say there was anything wrong with that?

I'm saying if you're going to spend your money on safety then spend it on getting a good tire that's the same size as the one already on yours rather than paying the same money for a bigger and wider one just because it seems to be safer.

No idea why you brought any of the other into it really. A tire blowing out on the motorway doesn't exactly equal death either..but going OT.
    just telling you why i want to be spending the money.
    know blowing out on the motorway doesnt equal death, had one already, so know.

Advertisement