Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting questions

Options
  • 31-03-2009 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi,

About to do my first proper website :eek: and have a few questions about hosting it.

I'll be registering a .co.uk and .com version and was wondering if I set it up so that anyone that types in the .com url gets routed to the .co.uk site will I need to pay for 2 hostings? Alternatively if I host the same content on both, should I host the .co.uk with a UK host and the .com one with maybe a US host?

Also, any pointers/websites for designing a banner? It'll be fairly basic, a small pic on the left of it with some text to the right of the pic.

Thanks in advance,

Rex

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Mr Digger

normally hosting packages allow more than 1 domain anyway and it should be straight forward to re-direct 1 of your domains from its control panel. there is a very good website program called WYSIWYG you can make anything you like with that, banners etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

One domain name can be 'parked' on the other domain, so they'll both show exactly the same content, and you can have all your email forwarded too. You definitely don't need two hosting packages.

Advertisement