Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fallout 3 DLC: The Pitt

• 31-03-2009 11:12am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I saw this on Live yesterday and downloaded it but havent played it yet. (Have set aside some time tonight! ;))

Anyone play it? Is it as bad as Operation Anchorage or is it like the main game? Is the cap still on levelling up?

I dont even know what the plot it! :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

It's set in Pittsburgh and is supposed to be a fuller experience than the last DLC as you can come and go as you please, rather than having to do it all in one go. No alteration to the level cap though, that's coming with the next one!

I haven't got it myself yet but i will later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I don't really get all the criticism for OP:Anchorage TBH because I really enjoyed it. Got the Pitt last week and started into it last night. Only on the 3rd mission so far but it seems pretty solid. The level cap hasn't been lifted yet and won't be until next months broken steel(?) DLC.
    The Pitt is in the same vein as the main game just a different, more industrial location with steel mills/furnaces etc. Raiders and slaves wearing different outfits etc etc Nice new muties in the form of trogs and some new weapons (One called the 'Auto axe' is fantastic!)
    I'd imagine it's still going to be a reasonably short episode as was Anchorage but more enjoyable if you prefer something more inline with the main game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Asmodean wrote: »
    I don't really get all the criticism for OP:Anchorage TBH because I really enjoyed it.

My issue with OP:Anc was that was very linear and very easy

Yeah I guess it was come to think about it, not bad for all it was though. I never expect too much from DLC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I never expect too much from DLC

GTA DLC is very good. Halo maps were good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

The Pitt is a sandbox again unlike anchorage so its good:D

****ing ingots. Spent all last night looking for them and only 3 now elude me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I played some last night. Feck that Ingot mission, I hate sandbox missions in ANY game.

Its not bad so far though, at last new weapons. But that level cap is absolute nonsense.

I know yeah you'd think they would have lifted it already, not too big a deal! Quite obvious they're using it as a major advertisement for buying the next DLC which will probably be a 1600'er. Way to reward fans of your series bethesda!!>:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I finished The Pitt earlier today, it's way better than Operation Anchorage. Finding the Ingots isn't too bad, since they're generally found in twos or threes. The storyline is pretty cool, since
    it's not exactly clear how "good" the good choice is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Since I've always been cursed with bad luck I assume I'm the only one this happened to, but has anyone else who got this for PC had their saved games erased? Everything is gone and I've to start again. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Did you log into your GFW Live account? Are the files physically missing from the folder they were in before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Mr. K wrote: »
    I finished The Pitt earlier today, it's way better than Operation Anchorage. Finding the Ingots isn't too bad, since they're generally found in twos or threes. The storyline is pretty cool, since

Mmmm,
    morally grey.
    I thought the Pitt was a vast improvement over Anchorage, but what I'm really curious about is how they're going to incorporate Broken Steel into the main storyline, what, with the
    whole dieing thing usually being a bit of an impediment towards storyline progression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm really looking forward to Broken Steel too, it sounds like it'll be the biggest, bestest Fallout 3 DLC yet! I might leave it a few days before I play though, in case there are glitches to be cleared up after the initial release!

Mr. K wrote: »

True, it is a moral dilema. I chose
    to not free the slaves. I was trying to look at the bigger picture and weight up the needs of the many for the sake of the few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Ok, can someone explain this to me. I got both anchorage and the pit the other day and decided to play them both, anchorage first. when i started to play the pitt and
    werner told me i'd be stripped of all my stuff, but he'd find a way to get them back to me
    i was cool with that. but then when i got to the point where
    i had to choose if i was going to kidnap the baby or not, and i chose not to, the part of my quest that said "locate your items" disappeared! i can no longer find all the items i had before i went in, and i had some sweet weapons from anchorage too!

i also think it glitched the main game on me, as i can't find
    dogmeat
    even though i know where he's supposed to be.

could the fact that i'm playing this from an earlier save as i went through the main quest first have anything to do with it?

this game is like crack, just when you think you're done they keep you addicted!

Ok, can someone explain this to me. I got both anchorage and the pit the other day and decided to play them both, anchorage first. when i started to play the pitt and
    werner told me i'd be stripped of all my stuff, but he'd find a way to get them back to me
    i was cool with that. but then when i got to the point where
    i had to choose if i was going to kidnap the baby or not, and i chose not to, the part of my quest that said "locate your items" disappeared! i can no longer find all the items i had before i went in, and i had some sweet weapons from anchorage too!

Your stuff is in a footlocker in the room you go into after you win the fights in the arena. Its the room with your wan in it that you talk to kick off the arena fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

thank you dirk benedict!

Advertisement