Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kegs

• 31-03-2009 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. I have an unusual request here but I need to know where in Waterford I can get some empty beer kegs and also need to know how to fill them to varying degrees (with water) once I do. If anyone has any ideas how I can do this at minimal cost I would appreciate it.

Thanks

EDIT: I checked with the Heineken distributor in Ballinaneashagh. To say the woman was unhelpful is an understatement! Any ideas still welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Hi guys. I have an unusual request here but I need to know where in Waterford I can get some empty beer kegs and also need to know how to fill them to varying degrees (with water) once I do. If anyone has any ideas how I can do this at minimal cost I would appreciate it.

Thanks

EDIT: I checked with the Heineken distributor in Ballinaneashagh. To say the woman was unhelpful is an understatement! Any ideas still welcome.
    i doubt you,ll get one easy unless ya rob one from outside a bar early in the morning before there collected while full kegs are dropped off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

i doubt you,ll get one easy unless ya rob one from outside a bar early in the morning before there collected while full kegs are dropped off

Thanks. I reckon I'll avoid that route though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

stick and add out 4 them localy on 1 of the sites buysell adverts here or ring a scrapyard ect,there be surley a few floating around somewere, as for filling them i duno,if there the old style kegs you could hold the valve down in a keg with someting and see will a garden hose fill them,wot you going doing with them strongman competions or going using them as some kind of barrier lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

It's virtually impossible to fill them without equipment and,it'll be very difficult to locate some aswell,not very helpful but reality i'm afraid.

It's virtually impossible to fill them without equipment and,it'll be very difficult to locate some aswell,not very helpful but reality i'm afraid.

No not helpful. Why even bother? I managed to get 3 broken ones from James Gate in Dublin for free and had no problem flilling them whatsoever (without equipment).

• Advertisement

stick and add out 4 them localy on 1 of the sites buysell adverts here or ring a scrapyard ect,there be surley a few floating around somewere, as for filling them i duno,if there the old style kegs you could hold the valve down in a keg with someting and see will a garden hose fill them,wot you going doing with them strongman competions or going using them as some kind of barrier lol

Yeah thats exactly what I did. Managed to get a few from Dublin. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭MGilly84

what the hell did ya want them for, percussion of some discription???

Friend of mine needed them. Ask him.....!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

No not helpful. Why even bother?

whats with the attitude?

you might want to show a little gratitude to people trying to help you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

we all know you dont have friends

• Advertisement

SUNGOD wrote: »
    whats with the attitude?

you might want to show a little gratitude to people trying to help you

Are you serious? Eh, the point was that even he himself said he wasn't being helpful. Wheres the problem? Read the thread again. I had the kegs got and filled yet it was some sort of impossible task.....As for the friends comment. Just childish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

While he wasn't being helpful in the traditional sense of assisting you, he tried to re-enforce how difficult it would be to source the kegs (as proven by you having to get kegs from St James) and pointed out that they're fiddly little things to fill up. SUNGOD has a point.

Ok point taken. You know how things get lost in translation when you're just typing things as opposed to speaking. I'm sorry. Anyway I've passed the kegs onto a friend who in turn managed to fill them and find them a happy home so all is well and thanks for peoples input.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

What sungod said.

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement