Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Good at Letter Writing?

Options
  • 31-03-2009 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I feel embarassed even asking this. I have a Tracker Bond that I invested in 2004 that doesn't mature until December. The return on it now will be zero anyway.They said if I put it into writing that my circumstances has changed there could be a possibility of getting out of it early even if there happened to be a penalty fee. They said I would need to stress financial hardship heavily in the letter (which I would be able to include evidence of). I feel stupid asking this can anyone give me help or get me started?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Keep it short and to the point.

Re: Tracker Bond ref no 111111

Dear Sir,

I am applying to withdraw funds from above detailed Tracker Bond. I have discussed this with XYZ and have been advised that due to serious decline in my financial situation this is possible.

I enclose proof of...................(redundancy etc or anything else you wish to mention/provide).

Y/S

Something like that?

Good luck, hope things improve for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

On the MABS website they also have some sample letters that may help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Glacier

On the phone they said to lean heavily on financial hardship, losing a job etc. I really appreciate the advice can anyone else help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

To add to IsThatSo?'s post, a simple explanation of what has happened would suffice. I understand that you are now an orphan so that should be fairly easy to explain. Defo stress the financial hardship piece. I dont think you will have a hard time explaing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Glacier

No, I know that I just wanted some examples to get me started? Please, I really would appreciate some help?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Unfortunately, this forum is for advice on how to word letters. Try having a look at the sample letters on MABS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement