Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Belarmine plazza Stepaside

Options
  • 31-03-2009 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hey,
    Was looking at apts up at belarmine plaza over the w-end and really liked them, does any one have any experience living in the area and would you recommend moving there?! Need to put my deposit down by 2mo evening so any advice would be great...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I lived in Belarmine for a while, in Park View apartments.

The apartments are nice although given how remote they are, I don't think they're worth the current rent prices.

Every person living there needs to have their own transport as the public transport available is scare and unreliable. The shops nearby shut relatively early also.

However, it's a nice place to live and I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't have to rely on the bus to get them places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I just happened to be lost there yesterday . Gosh it's wierd. All these fancy houses and apartments in a mountain.

Good luck, doubt the Dublin bus service is all that fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Theres a new enough bus route from Stepaside the 47. It goes from Belarmine through sandyford ind est. past the Luas (in about 5 mins) through Stilorgan onto the dual carriageway and finishes in donnybrook. Very reliable service. Theres also the 44 that goes into town through dundrum. The shop in stepaside is open til ten. The Step Inn is lovely for food, nice pub, nice crowd, has live bands etc.. Hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tekc

Hi all, see that these posts are quite old but just wondering if anybody bought in Belarmine Plaza and if so would they recommend it. I saw an apartment there recently that I really liked but have heard and read some negative things about the develpment/area and would like to hear from somebody who lives there so that I can weigh up the pros and cons. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

I live in Belarmine itself, not in the plaza. Myself and my partner love it to be honest. You have the feeling that you are living far enough away from the city but still within a reasonable travelling distance for work.

The number 47 bus travels out of belarmine and is very regular, every 10 minutes at peak times. It goes past the luas in sandyford and only takes about 5 minutes to get there. There are other buses that go through stepaside also, the 44 is one of them. The step inn is a cracking little pub with great food, has a great atmosphere for sporting occasions and does have live bands also. A new meat shop has opened in stepaside village which does lovely food and a new fruit and veg shop. Dundrum is a 40 minute walk away. 10 mins, if, in a car.

The Market shop has just opened in belarmine plaza and has everything you need in it, a little bit pricier than say dunnes or tesco's but that's to be expected. Dunnes in Ballyogan is only 5 mins away in a car too, 20 mins walking. No takeaways or any other shops opened in the plaza yet but I'm sure it'll only be a matter time before others do.

There seems to be a lot of social and affordable housing gone in down near the plaza, people have only been there about 3/6 months and it's just like any other estate I've lived in to be honest! Lots of kids running around and playing in the play grounds and green areas which there are lots of. There is a creche down there too and a new gael schoil is going to open I believe for September just 2 mins down from the plaza.

Parking at times is an issue, not as much since parkview opened up alot of parking spaces..

Can I ask you what negative things you heard/read about?

As I said we love living up there, wouldn't change it to be honest. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭elvisn

Apologies for resurrecting the dead. However a friend lives in Parkview with 2 other people all 3 drive, there's 1 space between them. Is there parking in the area? I've noticed cars park at the shops and on the roads and housing estates. Ive noticed there's no clamping signs in the areas and no cars have permits etc. Is it ok to park there or where's best?

elvisn wrote: »
    Apologies for resurrecting the dead. However a friend lives in Parkview with 2 other people all 3 drive, there's 1 space between them. Is there parking in the area? I've noticed cars park at the shops and on the roads and housing estates. Ive noticed there's no clamping signs in the areas and no cars have permits etc. Is it ok to park there or where's best?

No there's no parking in the area. There was some extra parking in Parkview available but I believe all the apartments are now sold, there are a small few available but not much.

Parking in Littlewoods & Belarmine is for their residents only as well. I've seen people park down at the Market, in at Giraffe childcare and the village link road that live in Parkview.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

No there's no parking in the area. There was some extra parking in Parkview available but I believe all the apartments are now sold, there are a small few available but not much.

Parking in Littlewoods & Belarmine is for their residents only as well. I've seen people park down at the Market, in at Giraffe childcare and the village link road that live in Parkview.

Cars have been clamped recently by the Market so I would not recommend it!

Jaysus the market has gone downhill since Trevor left! :D

Advertisement