Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Venue for a launch party?

Options
  • 31-03-2009 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Just wondering if people could give me a few ideas for venues for a magazine launch party?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

The Nokia fashion awards were held in the offices above Habitat on Dame St, seemed to be a big, open, white space, easy to decorate to your needs, dunno if they'd be open to more short term leases on it though?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

IFI in Temple Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Lloyderz wrote: »
    Just wondering if people could give me a few ideas for venues for a magazine launch party?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Bluetonic wrote: »
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

What kind of theme is the mag or who are you aiming it at? How many people? And whats the budget? :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lloyderz

Its a student magazine. We are masters students doing journalism. Its mostly aimed at potential employers and students i suppose. The budget wouldnt be that big. Dont know the exact figures yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Its a student magazine. We are masters students doing journalism. Its mostly aimed at potential employers and students i suppose. The budget wouldnt be that big. Dont know the exact figures yet.

Im sure theres loads of bars, clubs etc that would help you out. They would prob look for a minimum spend from you though. Have you thought about hotels that have function/conference facilities? That could be more expensive though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Squidgie

;)

Dunno if this would suit, but the Thomas House on Thomas st. takes bookings for nights. It used to be a pub but only opens for special occasions.

I'd say it'd be cheap enough and has the Arty/Student look as it's beside the NCAD. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Squidgie wrote: »
    ;)
    Dunno if this would suit, but the Thomas House on Thomas st. takes bookings for nights. It used to be a pub but only opens for special occasions.

Well every day is a special occasion I suppose since it does open every day!

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Well every day is a special occasion I suppose since it does open every day!

Well I live beside it, so it must only open at about 12 at night til 8 in the morning when I'm in bed? :cool:

• Advertisement

Well I live beside it, so it must only open at about 12 at night til 8 in the morning when I'm in bed? :cool:

We can't be talking about the same pub then as I've been drinking in there several times over the past few weeks. Opens about 5 in the evening, it's got cars stuck to the walls now and it's run by some American guy.

Here's a poster for one of the nights they run:
    6a00d83451cbb069e20111685b964a970c-800wi

We can't be talking about the same pub then as I've been drinking in there several times over the past few weeks. Opens about 5 in the evening, it's got cars stuck to the walls now and it's run by some American guy.

Yeah dunno, will have a look and see, and get back to ye. Maybe i'm just blind, sorry Anonoboy. There's a fella who owns the Sheebeen Chic restaurant/bar on George's st. bought it a while back.

I didn't see it open still anonon but there's a contact no. on the door. I'll take it down next time if this venue would suit for the launch party, but doesn't look too inviting, but i'd say would be cheap enough though.

I didn't see it open still anonon but there's a contact no. on the door. I'll take it down next time if this venue would suit for the launch party, but doesn't look too inviting, but i'd say would be cheap enough though.

Maybe we live in parallel worlds or something? I'm going to go for a pint there on my way home this evening just to prove to myself that I haven't been imagining it the whole time. :confused:

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Maybe we live in parallel worlds or something? I'm going to go for a pint there on my way home this evening just to prove to myself that I haven't been imagining it the whole time. :confused:

Me too. think i've lost the plot, am blind, and don't know me surroundings. Maybe the lack of booze. Mite see you there anono. :)

Advertisement