Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to mix with dry food?

Options
  • 31-03-2009 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Or is it ok just on its own, so far ive been adding a small amount of canned food and a little bit or water to it.

German Shepperd pup.

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

Spuds! I regulary add in potatoes to my dogs food (10 months old and 4 month old). They love it.
    It is fine on its own, but is nice to add in a little more volume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

kildara wrote: »
    Spuds! I regulary add in potatoes to my dogs food (10 months old and 4 month old). They love it.
    It is fine on its own, but is nice to add in a little more volume.

ye ive been metioned by a few to try him with the odd vegi's or try using some fruit.

What would be peoples opinions on things like raw meat, Liver ect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

If it's a decent, good quality dry food then you shouldn't add anything. If it's hard for him to eat then you could soften it a bit with the water. These foods are designed to be a complete food so if you feed more stuff to him you'll be over-feeding your dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

I just got a little German Shepherd pup too!! I have her on Eukanuba puppy food. Its excellent quality food so they dont need anything else with it. I was told by a few sources that canned food maybe too rich for her to digest. I'm going to talk with my vet about it when were there getting her chipped.

Best of luck with your little one!! Im sure you have your hands full with top quality puppy entertainment! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

YOURFACE! wrote: »
    I just got a little German Shepherd pup too!! I have her on Eukanuba puppy food. Its excellent quality food so they dont need anything else with it. I was told by a few sources that canned food maybe too rich for her to digest. I'm going to talk with my vet about it when were there getting her chipped.

Best of luck with your little one!! Im sure you have your hands full with top quality puppy entertainment! :)

ye he's grand, 4 and a half months now, gonna be a monster :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement