Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for help with SPSS

Options
  • 31-03-2009 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

Hi I am looking for a Phd student or someone very familiar with SPSS to do grinds and give me some help. It would be even better if you are familiar with Political Science. I am based in the Dublin area and have access to a PC with SPSS on it.
    PM me if interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Why not just ask questions about what you're having trouble with here? Seems foolish to pay for grinds, especially since most PhD students haven't a clue what they're doing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

If it was just a simple question about SPSS then that would be fine but when our SPSS lectures were on last year I was in hospital for several weeks and missed the lot. In other words I havent a clue about the workings of the program, Ive tried online tutorials but what I really need is for someone to sit down with me for a few hours and show me ways I can enter datasets onto it and how to come up with graphs, regressions, etc.

Im in a bit of a panic as my dissertation is due in 3 wks and really need help with the SPSS part....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Nowhaus

I would deffo say go find someone to give you grinds if you can.I missed some spss lectures too due to family bereavement and seriosuly theres no catching up!!! Im sitting here with my thesis 3 daYs overdue!!! All because I dont know how to interpret the results of my tests.. 1 section on results to do!!. I wish I had found someone 3 wks ago, I would not wish my current sit on anyone!! working full time and trying to finish masters thesis.....!!! and not a notion of spss so cant write reults, discussion, conclusion!!

Do not convince urself that u will catch up with books and online tutorials!! ur too busy with the rest of ur thesis for that!!

Im afraid i cannot suggest anyone, maybe try putting up flyers in some uni's.
    heres a helpful stats site... worth mentioning http://www.statisticshell.com/rm2.html
    Good luck! I hope you find someone to help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Thanks for the advice Nowhaus, I know how you feel, Im in pretty much the same boat except at least I have 3 weeks to have it finished by but still I need to get moving on this soon.
    If anybody reading this knows of someone who knows SPSS and isnt on Boards could you please PM me and I'll send you on my phone number so they can ring me. Getting desperate....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dsedeath

Hi, I am an employee of SPSS Ireland and have a post graduate academic background in statistics and I give grinds, contact me at verano23@hotmail.com and I can see what we can do
    Kieran

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Check out this online SPSS site that assumes no prior knowledge.
    Link: http://calcnet.mth.cmich.edu/org/spss/toc.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 creeny

Need SPSS grinds for an assignment i have next week.
    About an hour or so. Will pay well!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dsedeath

Creeny, send me the details of what you want to do and I will see if I can accommodate. Send me the assignment so I can see.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Hi, needing some help too for SPSS for a dissertation, I see some people here who are up to date on this would be much appreciated if I can get PM on this thanks need some help with a project I'm working on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

dsedeath wrote: »
    Hi, I am an employee of SPSS Ireland and have a post graduate academic background in statistics and I give grinds, contact me at verano23@hotmail.com and I can see what we can do
    Kieran

Note to self. Don't ever apply to SPSS for work since apparently their pay is crap....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 lannyfitz

Hey Guys!
    I NEED HELP!
    Dissertation due in a couple of weeks and I havent got a clue how to use SPSS!
    Im getting panicked!!
    Is there anyone out there that could help me?
    id be so grateful!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Leahos

Hey!! I need help with the results of my SPSS for my dissertation!!! If anyone out there can help please PM me ASAP. Its due in the next few days!! Would really appreciate it!!

Thanks!! :)

Advertisement