Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband question?

Options
  • 31-03-2009 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

i recently moved into a house share in cork and my landlord says
    she is paying for internet with irish broadband. We have a cable
    coming from outside into a black box thats plugged into the wall with
    a cable to plug into a laptop but it never connects properly. So i am
    just wondering if i need special software for it to connect or
    something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

You don't need special software, The irish broadband service needs to be configured with a static Ip address, it dosent't get the ip address automatically.
    You need to contact your landlord and ask for the details giving to her when she got irishbroadband installed, Then let use know what operating system we are using and we will tell you how to enter the details you get..

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

welshy2009 wrote: »
    i recently moved into a house share in cork and my landlord says
    she is paying for internet with irish broadband. We have a cable
    coming from outside into a black box thats plugged into the wall with
    a cable to plug into a laptop but it never connects properly. So i am
    just wondering if i need special software for it to connect or
    something?

Do you have to go with irish broadband? In Cork there are a lot of options for BB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 welshy2009

well its just the landlady had it installed before i moved in and she pays for it.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

welshy2009 wrote: »
    well its just the landlady had it installed before i moved in and she pays for it.

If you are intending on staying in the place for a good long while i dont see why you wouldnt look around for the best broadband you can get your hands on.

Advertisement