Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP MySQL Install

Options
  • 31-03-2009 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,
    What's the best way to install PHP software?
    Also, can i install it while having IIS installed or do i need to remove it?
    I'm very new to it but am interested in learning to program using PHP rather than using Visual Studio Express.
    Any help appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Yeah, you can have both installed but I know I can have both running at the same time while developing.

Get Wamp
    www.wampserver.com/en/.

You will need to stop your IIS running when your working with wamp. You can do it from the command line using iisreset. If you are doing it remotely you will need to tag on pc name onto that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭pudgey22

Great, thanks for that, i'll get working on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

If you have IIS installed, you can also integrate PHP with it (see http://ie.php.net/install.windows). You don't have to use apache, although it can be the better platform. It could come down to whatever option is handiest for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

personally I prefer apache but thats down to .htaccess / .htpasswd

What you'll probably want to do if you've got IIS and Wamp (if thats the route you're going down) installed is to install Wamp on a different port ... (once you've installed it edit your httpd.conf and change the default listening port to something other than 80 . ( or vice versa in IIS ) or you'll probably have conflicts and one or the other won't run

Advertisement