Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SOS - Question marks appearing on document

Options
  • 31-03-2009 1:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Hi, Id really appreciate some help on this.

Im doing up a proposal at the moment and have a few different copies of it strewn about the laptop. When I opened the latest copy, there were question marks all over it where I had hit the space bar. Its destroyed and given that its nearly 20,000 words long, Im about to fling myself out the window here.

I have an earlier copy that I saved on an external drive so its not a complete disaster, but it would mean hours of extra work to bring it up to where I am on this one.

Does anyone know how to remedy this? Its an internal document, IE is my browser. Im not hugely au fait with html and character coding so if you could instruct very simply any solution you may have, Id appreciate it.

Thanks for any suggestions you might be able to offer.

Sorry, just noticed this is in the wrong section (I think). Mod please move? Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Fixed it! I changed the font of the document as a last resort and bingo! I dont know how or why but it worked! :D

Advertisement