Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppy has suddenly started peeing on my bed

Options
  • 31-03-2009 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭

Any ideas as to how to handle this?

Oue pooch is just over five months old and is toilet trained. She sleeps in her own bed but always pops into ours at some stage during the night. At the start, she peed on our quilt once or twice but then it seemed to click with her that that's where sleeping happens and she stopped. During the night, she has complete access to her toilet area.

Last week, my husband was getting changed in our bedroom when the pup went in, hopped up on the bed and was about to pee but he caught her on time.

Last night, I was just getting into bed when she hopped up next to me for a cuddle and then went down to the foot of the bed and peed. I didn't see in time and had to change the bedclothes. :(
    It's not like she was stuck in the bedroom and it was the only place she could pee. She's literally just arrived in to the room and had come from the area she normally pees in anyway- she wasn't caught short.

Does anyone know why she's doing this all of a sudden? She hasn't peed on the bed for a full three months and I don't know what's changed to make her start doing it again.

Advertisement